Politics

Criticse him beacuse a house he owned almost a decade ago has almost doubled it’s value? Righto.

2 Likes

What a ■■■■■■■ joke.

What do you reckon Malcom’s harbourside mansion is worth? Or is it only one side of politics that’s allowed expensive housing?

He’s well aware it’s a ridiculous opinion.

Actually DipStick aka TripEss, when I was a young married at 23 to the first Mrs Fox, we brought our first house in Ascot Vale for $22,000. In 2008, the same house sold for $978,000. My best mate brought a double story terrace place in Napier Street Essendon, just near Windy Hill at the end of the tram line for $42,000, and I reckon it would be close to $2 million now.

As I understand Bill Shorten purchased the house in Moonee Ponds when he first went after his Federal Seat, as he unlike some others believes in living in the electorate, he probably paid a high price. In any case who gives a rats.

Come on! You obviously do not understand the logic of Tripper World®. You have to compare the price movements of a property that Malcolm may have sold ten or more years ago.

Considering the Snydey property bubble, this info may cause a cerebral meltdown for Tripp. Or it would if he was not so impervious to logic.

Wow - this has certainly ‘triggered’ an outpouring of abuse.
Heaven forbid, a Labor leader who pretends to be for the battler has his hypocrisy exposed.

Billy is probably one of the biggest snobs in Parliament. Although I can see how that would appeal to the inner city lefties who think the rest of Australia are a bunch of plebs and bogans.

So all there’s people having a go at you are just a bunch of blinkered lefties? Geez, they’re everywhere.

2 Likes

I know you are just trolling TripEss, but actually Bill is a very nice, down to earth bloke. Drinks beer, farts and all those that real blokes do on occasion. I get it that some don’t like him, goes with the territory, but he is not a snob has time for everyone and is doing a good job as Labor Leader.

For what it is worth dipstick, I have met with Malcolm and Barnaby over the journey as well. Barnaby is a lunatic but is warm, friendly, drinks beer and swears all the time. I would have him over at my BBQ as he is also very funny, but still a raving loony. Malclom is quiet, polite, but also warm and friendly even to a rapid left local government person like I was.

What we all see in Parliament or for the media is often very different to reality, mores the pity. In Canberra, they all have to work in the same sandpit, so it is counterproductive to be mean and nasty, and those MPs just do not survive long.

In fact TripEss, come to my local pub where the millionaires in my Town drink with the plebs and bogans, and you couldn’t pick who are the ones with the money. They all even have a beer or six with me.

Legit lol

What a troll. I grew up working class in port Melbourne. Mum and dad were cleaners and warehouse supervisors. Increase in value of their house doesn’t negate their working class status.

1 Like

Billy did not grow up in Moonee Ponds.

He was educated at Xavier College and then went to Melbourne Uni. He is about as working class as Christopher Pyne.

my mum grew up in st albans and went to st michaels and melbourne uni. Must be bourgeois.

1 Like

Who gives a sh*t
(in response to E12)

Trip you claim to have been a corporate bookie for 20+ years. Normally I wouldn’t care less how people make a crust, it’s their business and each to their own. But seeing as your so big on hypocrisy, do you want to explain how what you do has helped the working class that your so fond of?

According to you, unless your pure as snow you can’t have an opinion or can’t hold genuine concern about others. How does being a bookie fit into this world view?

He’s just going for a gotcha “you bleeding heart lefties who claim to care about the little guy are too busy at your inner suburb cafes to realise that the Labor leader’s former house fetched a massive price at auction. Thereby, he’s not a little guy and can’t have any of the same interests you claim to.”

Or, some logical fallacy of that nature.

He’s just got a narrow, cookie-cutter view of what a leftie is. If you don’t fit it, you’re a hypocrite.

He is also married to an ex Governor General’s daughter, you can’t get more establishment than that.

What has any of these facts you continue to bring up have to do with his political beliefs, or his performance as a politician? Keating had never stepped foot on a factory floor but was one of the best Labor politicians and Prime Ministers we’ve seen.

Why not try and look at his work and policies (or lack there of) and judge Bill Shorten on those instead of your preconceived, misguided, old world, divisive character traits.

If politics worked the way you seem to think it does, the Liberal party (geez they shouldn’t be taken to account for false advertising) would cease to exist as virtually no one would be able to vote for them

What is the hypocrisy?

Incorrect - I worked on and off for corporate bookies mostly part time.

And I don’t go around moralising about what a working class hero is - unlike Billy Boy.

TRIPPERED.

4 Likes