Politics

Why are you dirty on Billy ?

I had no history with Shorten having stayed away from his Faction and moved out of his Electorate.

Liked his performance all those years ago in Tassie, but had never met him. When Rudd was running to win in 07, Shorten came to my Branch and spoke about NDIS. He was very impressive and this was his baby, which is now a reality.

Since then I have met him many times, and while I hate his Footy team, and he has some doubtful Mates. He has won me over with his knowledge and passion. I don’t know if he will ever get to be PM, but he has one more chance and the polls look good. I reckon he will make a great PM.

I knew Latham well and he was always a nutjob, you would hate to play footy against him as you would never know what he would do next.

Big fat Kim was as weak as ■■■■, he had a nasty streak and would have been a disaster as PM.

Poor ol’ Kim.
Did the ‘more votes but less seats’ thing.
I can’t even remember who succeeded him.

1 Like

Know a few people that got their citizenship in his electorate, all at different occasions, not once has he been there.

You can’t elect a fat guy. We pick on those people.

1 Like

I have been pondering this topic lately…I don’t know the precise $ figure at which the personal tax rate overtakes the company tax rate, but it’s not that high IMO in Australia.

Can anyone put forward a justification for personal tax rates being higher than company rates? Seems to me that the company tax rate can just be used as a tax minimiser for the self-employed, whilst being unavailable to the PAYG employee…

I seem to recall the low tax jurisdictions like Singapore and HK just use the flat rate across corporate and personal tax rates. It just makes more and more sense to me these days.

It encourages small business to reinvest rather than take profits out?

Or at least use creative methods to foist their living expenses onto the company…

The only one I can think of is that it allows Australian companies to be competitive in overseas markets against foreign companies who pay less company tax. Company tax is a business expense after all, and has to be covered by the cost of a company’s products.

Mind you, the nominal company tax rate is pretty much a fiction - very few companies (and basically no large or international companies) pay anything like the full rate.

1 Like

Basically all the large multinational companies pay no tax in Australia at all.

It’s a fkg disgrace.

3 Likes

Not sure HM that tax has any effect on being competitive overseas. I know many Companies express this, but our Company now is primarily an exporter and it is our overheads and the need to be able to pay salary and production costs that are the biggest challenge.

In fact, I would be happy to pay tax as it means we are actually making a profit.

At the G Benny, eating a SHAZZA pie in your honour

1 Like

hmmm

Wrong threaded there Albert? Or am I missing a political aspect to that story?

Seriously Albert, the Four’nTwenty pie had SHAZZA on the wrapper !

Or maybe a Shazza in it!

Thanks for the explanation. But why in the world do they market Shazza pies?

Oh right… Wooshka …

https://saveourslang.com.au/stoked

SAYS.IT.ALL

1 Like

Bowen doing well in his NPC Address / Budget reply speech.

If only Bill could speak, & deliver the message as well as he does.