Politics

Fifield has been referred to the Senate Privileges Committee over his knowledge of Parry’s dual citizenship.

Hrrrrrm
Twitter thinks Mugabe is going to step down.

There was a coup today, or at least it seems there was. Mugabe sacked his deputy and placed his wife as his deputy to take over the country when he croaks. He has also been replacing the old guard and the army are not happy so they have taken over.

No there was. Mugabe and his wife have been taken into custody by the army.

We can only hope this is better for Zimbabwe. Military take overs rarely are.

The military actions appear to put the army in control of the country. Army commander Constantino Chiwenga had threatened on Monday to “step in” to calm political tensions. Mugabe’s ruling ZANU-PF party responded by accusing the general of “treasonable conduct.” But now Chiwenga appears to be in control. The army has been praised by the nation’s war veterans for carrying out “a bloodless correction of gross abuse of power.” The military will return Zimbabwe to “genuine democracy” and make the country a “modern model nation,” said Chris Mutsvangwa, chairman of the war veterans’ association, told The Associated Press in Johannesburg.
Mutsvangwa and the war veterans are staunch allies of Emmerson Mnangagwa, who was sacked from his post of vice president by Mugabe last week. Mnangagwa fled Zimbabwe last week but said he would return to lead the country.

I never forgave Malcolm Fraser for his unquestioning support of Mugabe…and being a Carlton fan.

In comparison, the dismissal was a blip.

Hard to do worse to the country than what Mugabe has done.

2 Likes

So someone has hacked Pynes Phone, just to like a racy male/male video?

Don’t these things have to be in your newsfeed to like them?

not really

the implication would be his account was hacked, not his phone.

they hacker could them find the post and like it

but probably none of the above happened.

Or probably did.

What I find more amusing is that people spend their time checking out what politicians supposedly like or don’t like.

If you follow them, it shows up in your feed as “liked this tweet”. Not really hard to miss.

From what I read, the racy like was picked up by a ‘bot’ that follows politicians.

Though, if you’re saying that you don’t understand the whole Twitter Instagram ‘look at me’ thing, then I agree with you.

1 Like

I think the fascination with a politicians public social media account is that it matches statements they make publicly in their role.

1 Like

Pyne trying to cut off any investigation is hilarious

I think it’s really sad.

Bernardi clearly knows more and happy playing it out

If Christopher Pyne is as straight and heterosexual as he claims, I’ll go he at tiggy…not in SA though.

Bernardi got up in the senate and was all ‘concerned’ over the implications over national security. Then he said it should be known how far the problem long pause “penetrated”.