Politics

As always, it’s not the crime, it’s the coverup.

If Turnbull knew, then he was party to blatant violation of his own ministerial code of conduct, and most likely to the utter rorting that took place as the young lady was shuffled from office to office.

Example: when she shuffled sideways to was work in Damien Drum’s office, on a salary closer to $200k than $100k, she did not turn up for a single day. And while working electronically is of course an option in these modern days, neither did she even apply for a parliamentary login in her new capacity.

Of course an opposition that’s leading in the polls will cry ‘election now’ with any or no excuse, but Turnbull isn’t lying about Joyce’s affair here, he’s lying about his knowledge of an illegal rort.

2 Likes

I often wonder why Labor do not call out all these rorts, then I open my eyes and see just who has their snout in the trough.

If I know about something then all MPs and all the Media know, and it makes me cranky that none call it out for what it is.

I do remember back in the day when Don Chip was “making the bastards honest” , to be told about his very strange assignations in Parliament house.

Ombudsman investigating NSW water over misleading reports. Strange stuff going on at all levels of government. Appears to be a “shell game” of systematic avoidance of regulations. Reckon it will go as far as hanging some sacrificial low level staff. Promises will be made. Cotton businesses will work on other ways to go undetected.

Cash doing a lot of dodging and Wookie defense over the AFP raid tip offs this morning. Asked who her new media adviser is she refused to answer and then inexplicably threatened to name women in Shorten’s office she thought he’d slept with. What a strange person.

3 Likes

I am watching that additional estimates and it is excellent viewing. Wong came in and joined the fun.

2 Likes

Pretty bizarre stuff. She’s making it seem obvious she’s sitting on something damaging for her side and appears desperate to divert attention.

The AWU has launched a Federal Court challenge to Fair Work Ombudsman Mark Lee, who, at the time of the raids, was on loan to the ROC. There have been indications that Lee was to be appointed to Cash’s office.
Colvin was uneasy at Estimates. He advised that ( contrary to what Cash had said) the AFP search warrant was not done at the direction of the ROC, rather, as part of its work with the ROC. He advised that the first he knew of the raid was when he saw it on TV. He also said that the AFP had a search warrant, not a warrant to bash down doors etc.
He also made it clear that the leak compromised AFP safety and the investigation.
Cash should be very uneasy, Colvin is not going to let the AFP take the fall and more dirt could come out in the Federal Court.

1 Like
2 Likes

Haha. Turnbull refusing to release the Coalition Agreement on the grounds that it involves party matters. Janes Massola Fairfax journo, on his last fling before moving to Jakarta, is spraying around the Gillard Government Agreement with the Independents.

Pro Tip: Right, don’t call the left out on rorts.
You might be right, but they’re not clever enough to get in on 10% of what you’re into.
All you’re doing is encouraging them to really, really look at what you’re into.

1 Like

Former “Minister for women”.

LOL.

Surely she is related to Caro, butt farking ugly and a mouth

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding PC, Bombers1, this post isn’t your finest moment. Attack the content by all means but don’t use it as an excuse to vent sexist drivel.
PS Increasingly proud to be labelled PC if the alternative is any guide.

2 Likes

In fairness, there were a lot of comments on Barnaby’s looks and words lately.

1 Like

Turns out that Julie Bishop is claiming her long-time partner is not a family member so she doesn’t have to disclose his business interests on the conflicts of interests register. Fine. But she’s also claiming he IS a family member when it comes to getting free air tickets via her parliamentary travel allowance…

Getting to the point now when it’s more of a surprise when they DON’T do this sort of thing…

6 Likes

And it’s pointless pointing fingers. Both Lib/NP and ALP pollies have been doing it.

Names like Nardella and Languiller come to mind…and Geoff Shaw.

I should have been more specific, it was the visual reference I was referring to, most politicians are “mouths”. However the visual reference was a sexist non sequitur, the sort women in positions of authority have had to put up with for far too long.
Time for my gender to grow up a bit.

Sure, but there were many more disparaging remarks about Joyce’s looks. Just saying.

LOL What a rort.

I despise Bishop, she has overseen devastating cuts to foreign aid that hurt people we have a duty to help, but is this sort of salacious crap the new normal?
She is foreign minister and she has designated this person as her traveling partner, I imagine most ministers travel with close associates. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if a minister traveled with a daughter or son, which I assume happens, wouldn’t that fit the criteria? Would they need to declare assets etc.
Strikes me this is the alternative to real investigative journalism. Look at the impact of her decisions on health services in Africa if you want to see something truly offensive.