Politics

How is the water up your way?

1 Like

WTF does that mean ?

I didn’t say that many were really competent.

I’m very surprised the Brett Guerin thing isn’t getting more general attention to be honest. Absolute cataclysm for the police when it comes to public relations, especially with the whole confected panic about omgafricancrimegangs not being too far in the past.

“I’m afraid this is what happens when the lash is abolished. The jigaboo runs riot and out of control. The ‘boo needs the lash. The ‘boo wants the lash. Deep, deep down the ‘boo knows the lash provides the governance and stability” - the assistant commissioner for police, ladies and gentlemen, commenting with deep empathy on African history and culture. Chief officer for police ethics, no less.

He’s apparently defended himself by saying that these comments were probably appropriate around the BBQ. Not at any BBQ I’ve ever been to, pal.

Good cops all over the state must be beating their heads against a wall. You do a thousand community outreach programs & blue light discos and so on, and then this oik comes along and ■■■■■■ all that effort against the wall.

9 Likes

gtfo nobody said that outside of a satirical comedy in the last two decades…

3 Likes

As I have stated before, ALL politicians in this country should be stood down all at once. Few, if any, are anything more than lying, incompetent , and/or self serving tossers with a massively overblown sense of entitlement.

Best practice would be to out source government under the 457 Visa rules to Chinese politicians.
And in true Australian spirit money could be saved by under paying them.

The youtube comments are still up if you’re good enough with google.

Unless he’s bbq’ing with 4chan idiots.

1 Like

Any Blitzers out there in the Batman electorate wondering whether to shift their vote Green might be interested in this article on the ALP’s prevaricating policy on the Adani mine.
For or against, Billy boy, mining interests or saving the reef, what matters most? Some Batman voters might want to know, or are you sticking with the “it depends which state you’re registered in” line ?

Good on David Walsh for highlighting the attempt by Poker Machine interests to buy the upcoming Tasmanian election. If the Poker machine parasites win it’s evidence of the true corruption at the heart of our supposed “democracy”.

1 Like

That’s a massive fence sit from Bill right there.

Showing some leadership on this issue may have won him more votes but instead more of the same…

Good on him.

1 Like

Maybe with Bill’s help he can get the CFMEU involved in construction. Delay the building of it, making it go way over time and budget. Adani go broke.

Genius.

2 Likes

And he could get AWU members in on below-award rates as long as Adani donate to the union.

2 Likes

How is it anything but a clear policy position?

Adani will never go ahead, but the Coal Industry is here for another maybe 50 years. And who is to say that the Carmichael will never be mined, it just will not be Adani.

Now I have a vested interest on two levels being a longtime Labor Member and also the Mining Industry is the biggest customer for my business, but coal is a reality for the rest of my lifetime.

Maybe all Poltical Parties should be more definitive about speeding up the roll out of renewables, including the Greens.

Seems a clear policy to me.

Labor has already made it clear that in Government there will be no money for Adani, and it has to meet or exceed all environmental and workplace safeguards.

Labor is not the Greens who make promises they cannot ever keep.

He is not promising anything other than he will address it later.

1 Like

Well I disagree. Already promised no Government money and strict controls. Unfortunately we do not live in a Totalitarian State.

1 Like

Just having a laugh mate. It’s a bold line any time of the day, year, decade, century.

Alas, probably too late. Yet again, how does Labour not capitalise on this stuff? Ram it home? Blows my mind. Tassie can thank DW and independent enterprise for a lot, and let’s watch the Libs take all the credit yet again.

I wish he could have just said “We don’t rip up contracts, even if they’re farking stupid and will never go ahead.”