Politics

Yep, that proves the whole electorate is ‘full of doctor’s wives’.

Been doing polling booths since the 1969 Federal Election.

This one in Bundoora is definitely white collar middle class, probably older than many in the electorate and a higher numbers of Asian faces.

It was quite pleasant though, and no angst, even from Greens, though I think that I do intimidate others just a little.

Trip/E12 is just a dill.

Do you latte lefties have to take everything so literally?
Regardless I said ‘white collar workers and doctors wives’.

Just for clarity, that is a generalisation and I don;t mean literally there is nobody else in the electorate except for white collar workers or doctors wives.

Yet, you agree with me.

I never made the claim simply pointed out how silly it was for you to claim there’s not many white collar workers or doctors wives in a discussion about an election where the candidate was a doctor’s wife. If you think you have some evidence to support your position that there somehow isn’t many white collar workers or doctors wives in Preston then by all means - stump up!

I took it as a generalisation, not a literal statement. Its still ignorant.

‘Latte lefties’ (snigger)…

Yet you think “Not too many ‘white collar workers and doctors wives’ in Reservoir or Preston” is somehow not at best equally ignorant? Again if you have some evidence that Preston has a massive concentration of blue collar workers then put it up for consideration. My opinions on the suburb are based on my experience growing up nearby & having friends & family in the area. I now frequently do business in the area & see a suburb that has gone from a very European migrant, working class suburb to a very middle class transitioning to a younger family area especially as that 1st generation migrants are dying off.

I wouldn’t think too many doctor’s wives live in places with a median under a $M.
But maybe I am being ignorant.

Jesus.
It’s a FIGURE OF SPEECH !!!

What? I didn’t say ‘there weren’t many’. That would be as stupid as the generalisation that the entire electorate is ‘full of white collar workers & doctor’s wives’.

It is a very diverse electorate with a shifting demographic and the famous Bell St divide. Everyone familiar with the area knows this. You don’t see too many Doctor’s wives at Northcote Plaza or Northland. But you will see plenty along the Westgarth strip of High St.

IS IT REALLY?

Maybe calm the ■■■■ down a tad?

1 Like

cough

Triggered.

1 Like

Maybe you need to take a second to read your own posts & get your own position sorted before you start trying to influence others. You did in fact, very clearly state that there were “Not too many ‘white collar workers and doctors wives’ in Reservoir or Preston.” OK so given that you can now go back & see what you wrote I guess you can concede that what you wrote was a stupid generalisation - fair enough?

BTW Northland isn’t exactly Walmart. It has a wide variety of shops including high end designer stores catering to the fact that there are plenty of people in the Northern suburbs who have exceeded your expectation of their earning potential. No its not as affluent as the inner east & I’m not suggesting Northland rivals Chaddy but its hardly the working class Bronx either. Plenty of the new migrants to the area are coming in with some cash behind them & again, its not exactly some cheap enclave for blue collar home buyers.

1 Like

I’ve lived in the inner North for 30 years & know the area very well. I know the demographics and I know they are shifting. But it remains complex with many micro-climates (Westgarth and Reservoir are a long way apart).

It was a stupid generalisation by E12. And sweeping generalisations from the ignorant about a place I know just get my goat.

As I said. I’ve lived here for 30 years. I know what I’m talking about. And you are missing my point - there are pockets & micro-climates that reflect a complex, shifting demogrpahic and belie E12’s sweeping, ignorant generalisation.

1 Like

I never agree with you on politics. You have no farking idea.

Oh FFS - the only one guilty of stupidity is you.

Of course there are pockets of different demographics. There are pockets of different demographics in every electorate.
If you actually think I meant that the electorate is 100% exclusively white collar workers and doctors wives then more fool you.
It should have been quite obvious to anyone with claims to being semi-literate.

Trippered.

1 Like

So if I say Ged Kearney ran a good campaign, then you have to disagree with me.

As I said, I know you were generalising. It is just a stupid, ignorant, misrepresentative generalisation, so don’t expect not to get pulled up on it.