POLL - Round 8, 2019, what will we be?

3 - 5 is optimistic

I must have some alternative meaning for optimistic.

I think the poll is probably about right. 4-4 the most likely.

Itā€™s really not. Itā€™s entirely realistic.

St Kilda weā€™ll smash them because the players are capable of top 4 footy when theyā€™re really put under the torch and will put in just enough effort for a few wins then immediately drop it so we just miss out on finals again because they are mentally pissweak and have a ā€œjust passableā€ attitude passed on since 2005.

Melbourne weā€™ll beat because weā€™ll be the underdogs this time and itā€™s only when weā€™re up and about that we drop the ball against them because again, mentally pissweak

Brisbane weā€™ll beat as part of the next step of our plan to bring McLuggage over and ruin his career too. Yes we are the evil empire in this competition, robbing it of all that is good and decent, we broke Smithā€™s ability to kick simple 30 metre goals in just one season, we can ruin anyone.

North Ben Brown will kick an AFL record 47 goals on Hurley and weā€™ll lose by 20 in an ā€œhonorable lossā€ where the umpires go apeballs in the 4th and ruin the game

I donā€™t even want to think about Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney in Sydney. We should all probably turn off our televisions for that month.

1 Like

3-5 at best.

1 Like

Havenā€™t changed this assessment.

2 Likes

I want to believe, but I am suspecting 3-5 will be something like it. Could easily be 2-6.

I would be happy with 4-4 and a trajectory of improvement.

Will I be happy?

Will Blitz be happy?

Que Sera, sera, ā€¦

1-7 and not even sure where the one comes from.

There may weā€™ll be an opportunity against Melbourne I reckon. Strong chance of them going 0-2 this weekend. Whether we can take that opportunity is a different matter. ā– ā– ā– ā–  itā€™d be incredible to resign them to a 0-3 start!

1 Like

You do know it could work out the other way around.

Itā€™s the least likely possibility IMO. There is no way we play as badly this week as we did last week. Effort will be fierce this week, we will beat St Kilda, itā€™s just a question of by how much.

St Kilda is battling it out with GC for the spoon, we shouldnā€™t even be discussing the liklyhood of a win, the fact we are speaks volumes.

Well frankly I donā€™t think thereā€™s much chance at all that we lose, however in the interest of balance Iā€™m not making absolute statements. Us going 0-3 is less likely than the Dees going 0-3 IMO. I can see a bounce back and I can see it being significant. Iā€™d be far less confident of a bounce back if weā€™d scrapped to a competitive but disjointed 20pt loss than after that diabolical showing that was round 1. We were so horribly embarrassed and exposed that the players have had nowhere to hide from the scrutiny and will come out red hot to atone. Not sure how polished or efficient theyā€™ll be but theyā€™ll win on effort and competitiveness alone.

2 Likes

Yeah I think we will bounce back hard this week, itā€™s maintaining intensity for any length of period Iā€™m worried about.

Weā€™ll win our Etihad games and thatā€™s it.

Yeah I donā€™t think itā€™ll be an issue this week, stringing together successive performances is of course far more uncertain. But a good showing this week on the back of last weekā€™s disappointment could well be the tonic the playing group need. And Melbourne could be ripe for the picking I reckon. They are no less fragile than us and have just as many questions IMO.

1 Like

I thought the same before the bulldogs game last year.

1 Like

We were far worse last week than we were against Freo. In fact, last year is the perfect example of what Iā€™m talking aboutā€¦ Last year we played like pus in Round 1 but fell into a false confidence inducing win against average opposition. Round 2 we were poor but after the previous weekā€™s result the players and club were able brush it off as an aberration. There is no hiding from last weekā€™s result. It can only be confronted head on and only a fierce effort will atone for that performance.

I agree with all that and I hope youā€™re right.

I just think they could play worse. It would be difficult but it is possible.

As much as Iā€™d like them to turn it around like they did against Geelong last year, I thought they would have had the necessary reassessments and honest conversations after the two abject jlt performances. Hopefully they have done so this week and they make changes which make a difference.