Poll : Who will get the Upgrade Nod for TBC?

What a strange comment by whoever said even if Dell tears the NAB cup to shreds he won’t play. I admit it would have to be a lot of shredding but HYPOTHETICALLY, if he kicked, say, 8 in 2 games (4 each not 16) a la Crameri I would have him as a lock for Rd 1. You need to reward good form. If Kommer kicked a total of 1 or 2 he’d probably take his spot. He is 23 and we need to develop for the future, I don’t think it’s out of the picture for him to replace a Winderlich or Chapman given its a long season where they will be managed and he can only play, what, 3 or 4 games till TBC returns.

With Chapman able to play up the ground Dell could even replace Merrett if he’s not performing and Chapman move closer to the centre.

I’m just baffled at “even if he tears it up we won’t havea spot.” You mean if we have a goal sneak kick two bags you’re not interested in having that in our side?

I spose the key point is NAB cup form which we will see. After the two games this discussion will be a lot more simple I think, imagine this same thread before Crameri’s NAB cup. I’d imagine it would change a bit. I sense Stein may do a similar thing.

I would guess that the most likely situation is that none of these players will get anywhere near the R1 team.

TBC is back for Rd 5 ain’t he? Doesn’t leave a lot of time to make wholesale changes and I doubt they’d be played say rds 3 and 4 if we know they have no chance as TBC returns rd 5. Unless we discover it’s worse than expected which will be a fun day on Blitz

I have no idea how Steinberg could have 78 votes to Dell's 6. That's 13 to 1.

I don't know why? Crameri leaving has left us a third tall down, that is the role that Steinberg plays, he is also training well and improving, hence why he is being voted for.
Dell'Olio on the other hand is a small forward, who I personally don't rate that much at all, however this is irrelevant but what isn't is the fact we have 2 A-Grade smalls in Chapman and Winderlich with Kommer also capable of playing this position.

Just as Crameri leaves a hole for Steinberg, Davey leaves a hole for Dell'Olio. Winderlich isn't a front-and-centre crumber. Chappy is pretty good at it, but may be pushed further up the ground. Kommer doesn't hit the scoreboard. Personally I think we are crying out for a genuine goalsneak, and Dell'Olio is the most natural player we have at that position. And I suspect Hardingham would be a long way ahead of Steinberg for that mid-sized forward role, but for reasons I don't know people seem to think Steinberg and even Ambrose are the only two candidates for that role.

I think Dell's a lot closer to Chapman's role, than Dell is to Davey, or Davey is to Chapman, or Kommer to just about anyone etc. I can't see a spot for both of them together. Kommer & Merrett have filled in for Davey's more important role, that ground level pressure & occasional tagging.

I'm crossing my fingers we're not playing Hardingham through there.

As a back he's an OK option, and he's been less error prone recently, but his overall skill level could be a bit of a roadblock to the ball movement they seem to have been working a lot on.

His kicking's the major issue, but his hands at ground level, and working through traffic are pretty poor as well. He's been shown up & caught out a number of times down back, I can't see why that'd be any less of a problem forward.

And at 6'1" ish & closer to 85kg than 90, don't see why people think the match-ups that were monstering Crameri last year would be any less of a problem for Hardie.

I think Dell is not closer to Chapman than Davey. Yes he is infinitely better overhead than Alwyn but other than that I can't see much similarity between he and Chappy. He won't play further up the ground (Kommer will this year though), which is why there is that knock on him that he may not have the out and out pace to add the pressure he needs to. On the other hand his zip has improved and as has always been the case, once he tackles someone they generally stay tackled (see GWS game).

I would guess that the most likely situation is that none of these players will get anywhere near the R1 team.

I think this is closer to the case.

The forward line (all things being equal)

Chapman Carlisle Winderlich

Kommer Daniher Merrett

It only just dawned on me. Just now.

Just now.

Like right this second just now.

If Ryder does an injury we've got sweet, sweet FA in the ruck department.

Just now.

Yeah but everybody knows you can only afford to have two ruckmen on the senior list.

Common knowledge.

Apparently.

Just now.
Just now.

Yep.
Even a spare parts tall forward (proper tall, not 3rd tall tall) would be preeetty handy right now.

I think Steinberg will get a few games in the 1's this year but I think it will be latter in the year.

Just now.

If Ryder does an injury gets suspended we've got sweet, sweet FA in the ruck department.

Just now.

EFA.

Just now.
Just now.

we've got tall dudes that'll get pantsed by afl ruckman same as most every other team.

Hooker ruck

Hooker ruck

No need him back.
Mark my words.
Hardy will ruck.
Has a great vertical leap and has a strong frame. He will revolutionise the ruck position.

Just now.

Just now.

Apparently it hasn't dawned on Bomber-T yet. 

Hooker ruck

No need him back.
Mark my words.
Hardy will ruck.
Has a great vertical leap and has a strong frame. He will revolutionise the ruck position.

im actually not sure if your serious or not

Fletch will rock!

Hooker ruck

No need him back.
Mark my words.
Hardy will ruck.

im actually not sure if your serious or not

recent history would suggest so.

Fletch will rock!

THAT HE WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON FLETCH!!!!!!!!

Just now.

Just now.

Apparently it hasn't dawned on Bomber-T yet. 

Will be unlucky if 2 ruckmen go down, but not surprising with our history.