Port Review Thread

I hate when they cut across the axis of action mid play, barely acceptable to do it on set shots. Should be for replay only.

Coverage is entirely over commentated and over edited.

4 Likes

Devon Smith flaming LOVES to tackle. Loves it. Like itā€™s his favourite thing to do.

2 Likes

Port are our b****** reckon we will beat them at AO too.

I agree with CD. Iā€™m not sure why his game yesterday is being rated so highly by some on here and in the media.

1 Like

Well, thanks for inspiring me to attempt my own Poe parody. I hope you donā€™t mind. I might do more of them throughout the season.

2 Likes

The Pit & the Pendulum?

2 Likes

6 Likes

I know weā€™re comfortably in front, but i just want to highlight something that shows how lacking in awareness and ability our players are.

wtf is beachcomber doing here? weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  out to the top of screen, hes being told to go there by multiple players but heā€™s already decided weā€™re going back. giving it to hooker whoā€™s forced back. and weā€™re stopped near side of the field just around the 50 arc for about 4 disposals.

What really annoys me is the team then has to setup into a new structure and work their way out via a switch which port then recover the ball and couldā€™ve had a shot at goal from deadeye jack watts who centres it to wines who misses. a complete waste of effort by our players for nothing.

Our clubs whole attacking MO is to run in numbers use overlap and blitz the oppositions defence, we canā€™t be going back like that, especially not against a team like port who pride themselves on their running out of games. We really needed to be up near 90 by the end of the 4th to really put them to the sword.

4 Likes

Wanted to get angry about that too. But heā€™s going back to someone who was looking forward. If it was to someone like McGrath instead of Hooker the ball wouldve gone back inside. But it wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble with repays in the AFL app

3 Likes

He has time to take a second, and follow instructions from leadership dave.

1 Like

Strange things happen when you move an All Australian forward to the forwardline; and an All Australian defender to the backline

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ iā€™m Getting a playback error. (I got the app today which is basically at your recommendation). I like it so far but it would be better if the replays worked!

Did anyone attempt to limit Gray? I know we donā€™t play a hard tag but was anyone specifically playing on him?

Just get Foxtel Now I only pay $40 a month (Sports pack+Documentary) and you can stream it on pretty much any device.

Foxtel have the replay in the ā€˜on demandā€™ section pretty much the next day plus you are not locked in into any contract can unsecribe any time

So we successfully countered a lose man in defence!

1 Like

You bought a subscription too?

Every player makes mistakes but just leave Hurls out of this, if he gets it 30 times in the backline thatā€™s 30 times our opposition hasnā€™t got it. Farken Champ.

2 Likes

50/50 on that one. the bearded lesbian is one of the worst players to expect to have an influence as the spare.

Goddard was our spare though, and he did keep moving into spots where they could either play through him or it slightly dragged westhoff up the ground a bit.

still there were plenty of times the ball was kicked to him, he just didnā€™t have that much of an influence.

1 Like

Hurleyā€™s efficiency was 75%, Heppell 55%.

Hurley had 24 kicks to Heppellā€™s 14.

Interpret it however you want but Hurley is not a bad kick like Heppell is.