Port Review Thread

You think he should have run into an open goal on his own, and handballed backwards?
Would have gone down a treat I’m sure.
Great tackle by Guelphi

2 Likes

“Hey if you want to be the coach go down and hand in a resume, they know better than us so just STFU”…

they cant cover Ryder… need to play westhoff forward and any sorta ruckman. im suprised they dont have a backup ruck on the list.

we arent travelling as well as our next three opponents, but the side has upside. Id really like Ambrose and Langford in that side.

The ball he couldn’t pick up on half back last week must be a different shaped one to the one he could pick up at half back this week.

Could we please put some work into this farking seagull - I’m sick of seeing him kicking his obligatory “over the back and all alone in the goalsquare” goal.

6 Likes

Stringer did the right thing there, Guelfi was happy to shepherd and make sure no Port player got near Jake. We’ve seen what ■■■■■■■ around in the goal square can look like, no more please.

15 Likes

Four quarter performance against a good side. Guelfi excellent on debut and the overall team structure just felt right. I loved the intensity.

This seems to have derailed the current Blitz narrative, no? Looking forward to at least one week with the whining turned back down to maybe 7 or 8.

11 Likes

An improvement but still a LONG way to go.
Heaps of fumbles and loose disposals to still eradicate. Also dumb decision making.

2 Likes

If Guelfi is quiet next week and gets dropped I’m going ■■■■■■■ rage. Players need a run of games to get going and feel comfortable back in the side.

3 Likes

its not his one goal a week im concerned about.

I reckon Hooker was cooked by three quarter time, hence him hiding forward in the last.

Could have been a ploy by the coach

Nah. We still only turn up against good teams. Need to limp into finals and then strike.

1 Like

Should really have been an 8 goal win, but I’ll take it. At least the effort was there.

6 Likes

Nearly. Is there space in the B22 for Colyer?? Or do we have enough pace. He was good last year apart from his disposal by foot at pace.

The new narrative is ‘how ■■■■’ Port were and how we played against ‘witches hats’.

6 Likes

I just think we can’t afford Hooksy forward right now.

if Stringer replaces hookers putput up forward and Hooker has an AA year in the backline its a win.

We just need Myers and say Langford to play well enough in the guts.

They’re not entirely wrong.

Off for a victory feed.

24 CHICKEN NUGGETS

8 Likes

Tbf that’s my narrative only and everybody is pretty pleased and positive about the win including dkp.