Port Review Thread

Spot on!

Later this week blitz will be a nightmare

Don’t do this :,(

Any rating that doesn’t have Robbie Gray as the clear best player on the ground is flawed

1 Like

@jonovdp i feel a bit like the adelaide win but idk if im conditioning…

1 Like

Care to name them??? :joy:

Aaaargh. Last week there were hysterical calls that Myers never again play for EFC, that Hep and BJ butchered the ball (which they both did today at times) and that we were nowhere.
At the risk of yelling into the echo champber that is BB, I am livid about the result today.
Where was what we produced today last week? Dunno. Pressure applied, good win produced. Where is the internal locus of motivation? Not sure it’s there. Same old story. Awaiting a dismantling on ANZAC Day.

Whats that got to do with @barnz isowning me for putting ketchup on my nuggs

1 Like

Much better. You could just feel it was syncing from the start. Hooker looks good down back. Stringer is too valuable a forward to have him anything but cameo mid - at least for this year. Guelfi was extremely impressive. He worked tirelessly, back to front to back to wing to inside. He always found the right places to be, with or without the ball. Our disposal was poor but keeping our structure and composure made up for it. We hunted, pressured, forced errors, and braved out a very good win. Not a flighty, scintillating razzmatazz win, but a good clean hard working win.
Good job, boys.

17 Likes

I said not to talk to me or my son again.

Lol

Woosha: “I reckon Hooker back has a lot of potential”

6 Likes

Bags should never be out of the team unless injured.
Always applies heaps of pressure and never gives forwards a moments peace!

11 Likes

Yep, Bags was excellent today.

3 Likes

images%20(12)

Besides that uber risky kick in 3rd quarter that got turned over and they goaled

Love Bags in the team. Hard as nails.

Loved how the boys went to him after he kicked that goal.

I think the players love having him out there.

8 Likes

People on this forum who get stuck into Hurley ■■■■ me. Do you realise how good he is?

He’s top 3 defender in the league and offers something difffernt to the afl love boy rance.

With hooker today it showed how good our backline can be.

3 Likes

Oh this team what a rollercoaster.

That Stringer goal!!!

There are still some serious issues, but that was by far the best the team has played this year. Need to remove those poor turnovers in the middle moving forward. But the signs are there with this team if they can be consistent.

Guelfi was fantastic, exactly what a young player should be doing. Certainly added something to the team today and his 1% efforts were great.

Hooker was good back but on tv it looked like he was exposed for pace a number of times. Anyone at the ground got anything further on this?

Serious shame he didn’t kick that second goal, given how much set shot kicking he does at training.

4 Likes

That was exactly what I noticed from early in the game. Team things we just hadn’t done at all against Freo & Dogs were there. I still would have liked to have seen some more work put into helping Zerrett break his tag especially when he was being held continually but the 1%ers were well up.

3 Likes

Probably looked worse on TV. Not many talls are going to run with Watts. What’s beautiful about Hooker, is his reading of the ball in flight and his positioning.

2 Likes