Port Supporter is Racist Scum

Let’s see how the punishment compares to how they punish serial offender E McGuire.

$10k fine .. wut?

Who’s going to impose any fine, let alone 10k? Who has the right to do it?

They have the power to ban, full stop, … well, and embarrass. They should do both if she did it, and they will.

Name, Shame, ban from Game.

The person who owns the ground can fine, just as they fine you for running on to the field. So not sure why you ask who can fine her, the AFL can, the ground owner can.

Not sure what the issue is with what I asked?

Big deal.

Sure call her out, but highlighting this crap just brings all the redneck racists out to play.

I would not waste a banana on any Port or Crow player.

Racism is a serious issue. I don’t see how publicly calling someone out for a very low act encourages more racism and hopefully actually discourages and educates others.

This head in the sand, pretend it’s not happening attitude we have to racism in this country does no-one any favours and just allows it to fester and multiply.

She threw a banana, I don’t think anyone knows if she said something racist as well (she may well have but I don’t think audio shows it and the claim is that racism was coming from lots in that area not just her). I guess the question is did she throw the banana as a racist taunt or did she just throw it because she was peeved off? She was yelling and then suddenly reaches down into a bag and throws the banana.

Is it worth a life ban or a $10,000 fine and a couple of years ban?

I believe this answers your questions. From ABC:

Spectator Jamie Christodoulou said he saw the woman throw a banana after Betts had scored.

“A lot of supporters in the area were very disappointed and angered with what she had done,” he said.

"We all outed her, I particularly did.

I pretty much … told her she was out of line, just took it too far, there’s no place for that."

Mr Christodoulou said he and his family, including children, had been forced to put up with the woman’s foul language at home games all year.

“This happened in the row in front of me. I am proud to say that I yelled at her and told her she took it too far. She responded by saying, ‘but he’s just a monkey’.”
He said the woman then got up and left.

Throw the book at the POS. No place for her type, especially given the public awareness over this issue of late.

Fair enough then, if she said that then throw the book at her.

Wonder why she gets a life ban and Eddie Mcchins gets nothing?

Let's see how the punishment compares to how they punish serial offender E McGuire.

Indeed.

Let's see how the punishment compares to how they punish serial offender E McGuire.

Indeed.

She will get life, he got nothing

Might be worth tuning into Dribble M to hear what spin Eddie puts on it.

For all we know she could have been on ‘massive painkillers and antibiotics at the time’ eh Ed?

And that's the type of supporters Paddy Ryder was willing to go and bust a gut for?

Would’ve been better at the Lions or Giants, at least they have either no fans or only paid actors that are willing to support their clubs the way the AFL tell them too.

We booed an unconscious umpire off the ground.

Let’s not get on our high-horse. There are farktards in every group of supporters.

That was during a Swan’s match yeah?

I just thought that our own racist fans were jeering Goodes when the umpire just happened to be lying on the ground unconscious at the same time.

No, I get your point PP and you are correct.

There are a lot of cringeworthy fans amongst all clubs and we are far from immune from them too.

But after all it is Port and I like to see these carnts squirm, in particular their President, his behaviour towards our club has been arguably questionable in the least over the past 4 years…so umm, FARK PORT!!!

The tarps have higher IQ than their average fans

that’s already been covered

The umpire thing was hilarious. Don’t know how the two are being compared.

So Koch threatened life ban if proven it was racist, now it has been proven racist but she is only suspended indefinitely not life ban? Strange.

I get the anger towards this lady and needing to rally around the aggrieved - person says/does stupid, uninformed, hurtful thing - and the appropriate consequences that accompany that type of behaviour.

I do think some of the outrage is a waste of energy. If our goal is educating and informing (not just this lady but others who may be like-minded) then the naming and shaming needs to be tempered a bit.
If we just outcast someone with a pointed finger and a disgusted look on our face then those who sympathise with her won’t bother trying to understand what is not ok about what she did. Shaming can just as easily ostracise and alienate even more than it does encourage conformity and shared values.
The proviso is that we are actually interested enough to educate rather than cast out.

And that's the type of supporters Paddy Ryder was willing to go and bust a gut for?

Would’ve been better at the Lions or Giants, at least they have either no fans or only paid actors that are willing to support their clubs the way the AFL tell them too.

Let’s not get on our high-horse. There are farktards in every group of supporters.

TBF I didnt boo. I laughed.

Why is this so hard?

Saturday “threw a banana”
Sunday “threw an object”
Monday “threw a banana”

Ban her for life. Educating people like that won’t make a difference.

The video is idiotic looking at the Port Fans abusing and sticking their fingers up at the Crows after the goal is kicked. Which happens all the time all over Australia.

I reckon if they want to get fair dinkum about it, they’d put a security guard with someone to listen to the crowd comments during the game and subsequently ban them when the line is crosses. Yes, there would be no tarps supporters left by the end of the quarter but it would make a point.

Do this at every stadium near certain known “racist” zones, which would not be hard to find. And then start banning people.

You monster.

I booed

I bronx cheer everything. Including that cheating umpire v sydney and Justin murphy in what turned out to be his last game v Hawks 2005.

You monster.

I booed

i booed and laughed and abused him

has she been portrayed as a victim yet?

that’s already been covered

Surely she has the right to a peel