Surely we can't play Hurls, Harts, Hooks in one backline. Too big and slow

Fletcher, Hooker & Hurley was ok tho?

Didn’t think I would ever see a comparison between hartley and fletch

Both the same height.

DUSTIN

What I’d want:

Back: Hooker Hurley Hartley
Forward: JD Brown New Recruit

I just don’t like the idea of Cale going forward when that backline is set and forget. They would slaughter teams and dominate the aerial contests and then to have Tippa, Baggs and some else fast complimenting them running the ball out the backline (Hurls gets forward plenty as well).

Up forward JD is fantastic, Brown a great 3rd forward who will get sneak a lot of goals… I’d like us to get someone else and then rotate Francis, Laverde, Langford through there as well as leading forward when JD is roaming high. These three can play midfield as well and obviously Francis back.

I don’t think we’ll get anyone however so this is what it’ll be:

Back: Hurls, Ambrose, Hartley
Forward: Hooker, JD, Brown

Francis roaming between the 2 and everywhere else James Hird style.

It appears 87% of people on here have nfi.

This outcome has more splinters than the Federal election.

Bags Hartley Pig
Hurls Tippa Francis

Joe LAV Brown
RAZ Hooker Ainsworth/Mclugg/SPS

I wrote this in another thread. I think Hurley, Hooker & Hurley is the way to go in Defense.
Interesting about Worsfold's comments in the presser after the match in regard to Hartley. He made mention about the fact that Hartley is doing a good job at stopping his direct opponent, but he needs to do more to support his team mates. It's all good and well to keep your direct opponent quiet for the match but if your getting 20 goals kicked against you each week, it really doesn't make any difference.

As the weeks go on, the more I think Hooker needs to play in Defence. The amount of crumbing goals we are conceding because we simply don’t have an intercepting mark in the backline is very frustrating. The amount of times a ball flys in and a pack of players jumps up often 3 defenders to 1 forward, and no mark is taken. There will be no Fletcher, and possibly no Hibberd (who also is pretty good intercepting mark) next year. Hooker is the main man, I think he needs to play down back. Even if Hurley stays or goes.

I see what you did there.

(and it’s “defence” in this country.)

Of course Hooker has to play forward if we don’t get a new mature recruit in, it’s the only answer.

Yes

HF:Johns Gumby Bradley
FF: Henneman Neagle Laycock

HF:Johns Gumby Bradley FF: Henneman Neagle Laycock

This is the darkest time line…

Don’t forget Darcy Daniher

With a forwardline of Daniher, Brown & Hooker/Ballchambers. We better gets some quality small forwards that can compensate at ground level for 3 blokes that are pushing 200cm

A lot depends on where Francis ends up playing. Everybody else can just move out of the farkin way to accommodate that.

Personally, I’d go with

B: Hurley, Hartley, Hooker.
F: JD, TBell, Francis.

Brown and Ambrose as depth, and the Hooker / Francis switch can be the new tactic when things are going badly.

Yeah, I like this one. On occasions where you’re playing midget teams you’d leave out TBell, and do something like swap Hooker and Francis around. Yes, Joe would have to pinch hit in the ruck. That would only be on these occasions.

With a forwardline of Daniher, Brown & Hooker/Ballchambers. We better gets some quality small forwards that can compensate at ground level for 3 blokes that are pushing 200cm

I think you mean “BallComber”

If you look at our KP backline stock of Hurley, Hooker, Heartly, Ambrose it’s pretty formidable.

It’s why I think we need to have a serious look at Francis as a forward. We know he can play back, but if he can play forward, and be like Stringer where he can go into the guts for a short stint we have a much more potent and mobile forward line.

Having a backline next year of

FB Tippa Hooker Heartley
HB Baguely Hurley Ambrose

Hibbo to the wing.

And a forward line of

FF Fantasia Daniher Bellchambers
HF Francis Brown Langford

That’s clunk city both back and forward, there is lockdown, run and carry, speed, and mobility up forward as all of Fanta, Francis, Langford, Brown are very mobile.

If you look at our KP backline stock of Hurley, Hooker, Heartly, Ambrose it's pretty formidable.

It’s why I think we need to have a serious look at Francis as a forward. We know he can play back, but if he can play forward, and be like Stringer where he can go into the guts for a short stint we have a much more potent and mobile forward line.

FB Tippa Hooker Heartley

Hibbo to the wing.

And a forward line of

That’s clunk city both back and forward, there is lockdown, run and carry, speed, and mobility up forward as all of Fanta, Francis, Langford, Brown are very mobile.

There is no way we can lose a game in 2017.

If you look at our KP backline stock of Hurley, Hooker, Heartly, Ambrose it's pretty formidable.

FB Tippa Hooker Heartley

Hibbo to the wing.

And a forward line of

There is no way we can lose a game in 2017.

Put LAV in the middle and it’s a very real possibility the 20 game winning streak would be broken.