R18 - Essendon vs Fremantle (21/7 4:35pm @ ES) - Pregame Discussion

then i post on blitz ‘eat a bag of dicks that particular poster you know i’m talking about’

1 Like

Hahaha righto mate, your words have been marked…I’ll bookmark this post and see how we go with your thinking. I think on the other end we’ll finish with probably 11 wins and finish 10th/11th and lose to Port Adelaide/Richmond and maybe Sydney with wins against Freo/Sydney and probably Hawthorn.

You say we had a good first 10 minutes, well you could also say that Gold Coast had 15 of 17 inside 50’s thereafter and could have had a much bigger lead than 2 goals over us, and that’s playing a horribly weakened Gold Coast side that I reckon will struggle to beat Carlton. Winning interstate has been nice but there’s still clear signs of the Essington we know and love, I guess if we pants Fremantle then fantastic but I doubt it’ll happen.

2 Likes

god’s speed cray cray.

If we’re going to go with the “bang it long to the square” every time we go forwards then I reckon we do need another tall.

we should get mason cox.

mostly so he can’t ■■■■ us on anzac day.

Imagine a goalsqaure with 2MP and BIG COX…OH MY

Have Freo started tanking yet?

I didn’t know that, very handy to know. Thanks!!

I want us to Smashem!

For you to roll out we can’t win everygame by 15 goals…Tell me, how many games have we won by 15 goals this year?

In how many games have we got hold of a weak side?

We are finally in some really good form, and we are playing against an already weak side with so many injuries. Our percentage is so horrible. This was a game we should have performed much better than we did.

Nothing wrong with people expecting us to lift our standards so that we can finally say, we are a good football team and club.

We can’t annually roll out this sort of performances and be happy with it because we won.

1 Like

Changes will be

Out - McNeice
In - Francis

Out - Dea
In - McNeice

2 Likes

Probably people still waiting for an improvement on our 2000 form.

2 Likes

The important thing for us is Taberner is our injured so won’t play.

13 Likes

In: Raz, Stewart
Out: McNeice, Long

B: McKenna Hooker Dea
HB: Saad Hurley Goddard
C: McGrath Heppell Merrett
HF: Raz Brown Stewart
F: Baguley McKernan Tippa
Foll: Bellchambers, Langford, Smith
Int: Guelfi, Myers, Parish, Colyer
Emer: Ridley, Francis, Long

1 Like

Is it Parish’s 50th game this week?

2 Likes

yep

All of Freo’s goals come from smalls.
Walters, Ballantyne, Matera; (and Fyfe, Langdon and Mundy)

Cox and McCarthy have kicked 28 between them for the year.

Anyone thinking we’re dropping a back pocket for an extra tall this week needs their head read.

4 Likes

There will be minimal changes, as there is no pressing need.

We really looked a tall short for mine, Freo defend well so I think Stewart gets another chance.

In: Stewart, Fantasia
Out: Long, Colyer

Francis lurking but I found it hard to fault our backline on Saturday night.

1 Like

some changes for mine.

3 Likes