R18 - Essendon vs Fremantle (21/7 4:35pm @ ES) - Pregame Discussion

Don’t really care who’s out. Francis in. And don’t give him a position to play. I want this ■■■■ roaming around doing what he pleases stiff arming till the early morn and baulking around people kicking chisellers and roosting goals from 60 before one or both of a Hurley esque gun show or beating his chest like a fkn APE

7 Likes

We have beaten every interstate team we have played this year (except Fremantle).

Round 23 Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval could be a problem

1 Like

Harley Bennell had 19 disposals in the WAFL and is primed for a return.
Michael Johnson and Danyle Pearce are also a chance for a farewell game to melbourne fans :slight_smile:

BRING HIM IN to face Francis.

1 Like

With him just finding a little form I would be tempted.

If Stewart finds the footy he would be very handy against Sydney the week after.

Maybe he figured out that good form is rarely rewarded at the EFC so instead he’s trying to emulate the form of our returning underdone senior players like Colyer and Ambrose in recent weeks.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a new muppet who can kick goals. Look at Holman or GC.

Seriously, that people disregard GC’s capacity to apply pressure early aren’t playing attention to what’s happening in non Essendon games. They’ve been super competitive in game. Just can’t sustain it. That Essendon took control after half time says more about Essendon’s ability to impose their will on the contest than GC’s capacity to maintain the rage, even though it was half expected they’d fall away. In the past, a less resilient Essendon would probably lose that game.

Freo played a GF of sorts yesterday. Essendon will smash them on Saturday. Their form away has been abysmal

2 Likes

Jesus no Fyfe, Sandilands, Ballantyne or Tabener to kick his usual 5.

We should win well. :grimacing:

They somehow won yesterday!

Regardless on whether our season is alive (mathematically it is) or not, we have to build a winning culture. For me we have to finish the season strong, and 12 wins is a realistic aim if we play good footy. That involves winning the 2 games against teams we should beat (Freo and Saints) and then going 2-2 against the 4 sides above us on the table (Sydney, Hawthorn, Richmond, Port). 12 means we will miss the 8, but it would be the same amount of wins as last year, dealing with injuries to key players (Daniher, Fantasia, Zaharakis), and beating a good percentage of sides in the top 8 (4 as it stands, also defeated North in 9th). An 8-3 finish after being 4-7 is a good recovery especially as we have had a difficult draw.

13 Likes

I thought it was the standard of footy rather than Gold Coast being competitive that was the concern.

Conditions did look slippery, but the game lacked any sort of intensity until half time.

For whatever reason we played only two talls forward this week & an extra mid, perhaps it was due to the workload our main mids had vs Pies and also short break into GC game.

With Stringer out still be interesting to see if they choose to bring in Stewart as that 3rd marking target or even LAV given he can provide some midfield chop out for our main mid group as per what Stringer does.

Or just stick with what we did and bring in Fanta for Colyer/Long.

Not ideal only having Brown when Smack goes into ruck IMO though. Mind you Langford played fwd a fair bit more this week from heatmaps.

3 Likes

Reckon GC were intense in the first half. That is, GC didn’t allow Essendon to play their game. Essendon withstood the barrage then pulled away in the second. That’s how footy works most times. Momentum shifts etc with teams looking ordinary when their opponent is all over them.

3 Likes

A fit Redman would be nice right about now.

Laverde and Stewart must be a chance to play that third tall role, so we don’t have to rob The Langford of midfield time. Laverde would potentially be able to spend time midfield as well if needed, like Stringer.

In: Fantasia
Out: Colyer / Long

Will probably be the only change this week

Would like to see Francis be given an opportunity as well, he has been close for a number of weeks now. Maybe he needs to clean Goddard up at training to get a gig.

In Zaka, Raz, Gleeson, Joe, Stringer, Redman and Francis.

Oh to dream.

McNiece out Francis in

Coyler out Fantasia in

Long out Laverde in

Maybe Brown out Stewart in

Maybe Goddard out Ridley in

Just mix it up. Make it harder for Freo’s opposition coach. Keep the players on their toes.

1 Like

I like this and it should be in the game plan

Stewart doesn’t come back into the team until he fixes up his goal kicking

2 Likes