Racist Fans Boo Goodes Again

Patrick Smith ranting on SEN this morning. 

The regular booing of Adam Goodes throughout the season and in particular during the Swans‘ Grand Final loss to Hawthorn is being delivered with a racial undertone, according to Patrick Smith.

Goodes has been heckled for much of the year, even when playing at home, and might have played his last game of football on Saturday as he contemplates his playing future.

“What I didn‘t like (from the Grand Final) was the booing of Adam Goodes.

“I can only presume that the booing is racial – it‘s the only thing that I could think of why you would boo him that constantly,” Smith said on Hungry for Sport.

He points back to last year when Goodes was racially abused by a young teenage girl in the crowd, and said that the 34 year-old was still receiving backlash for his stance on the incident.

“I think there is a kick-back from the time he effectively reported that girl for racially abusing him.

“I do think there is a nasty racial undertone to that booing, which is really, really shocking.”

Smith told SEN it was a black mark on the Grand Final and was greatly disappointed such a star of the game was booed in what could be his last game of football.

“It ruined the Grand Final in many ways.

“It doesn‘t make sense to go and boo the Australian of the Year, two-time Brownlow Medallist and champion who could be playing his last game.”

Wrong sub-forum…

It's really not news that Smith is completely out of touch.

I-was-saying-boo-urns.jpg

I thought they we booing because he is a diver and a bit of a ■■■■.

Nothing to do with race.

I know a few white fella divers and they get booed.

Nothing is brought up about race.

Hmmmmmm.

A black mark Patrick??

A BLACK MARK!!>!>!>!>

RACIST!!!!

oops wrong sub forum my bad

I boo him cause he's a diving sooking ■■■■■■■■, not because he's black

Check out the Twitter responses to the SEN tweet about it.  

EVERY SINGLE ONE, says it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with Goodes being an unlikeable clown.

WE should pick up more racists? is that what you're saying scotty?

last game huh? wsphu

Seems patrick is the real racist, seeing as his mind went straight to thinking the booing was race related

He's had such a free ride from the umps most of his career, to the point where he looks like he's about to cry when they ping him for a free.

In this theatrical sport you have heroes and villains, and I guess he's a villain.

It might not be fair. Maybe Goodes should go and have a chat to Jobe Watson and James Hird about it.

He's had such a free ride from the umps most of his career, to the point where he looks like he's about to cry when they ping him for a free.

In this theatrical sport you have heroes and villains, and I guess he's a villain.

It might not be fair. Maybe Goodes should go and have a chat to Jobe Watson and James Hird about it.

Racist

Judd gets booed. So did Diesel.

I always thought it was a dual Brownlow medalist thing…

I always thought it was a dual Brownlow medalist thing...

No one boos Ablett.  I think that is because he is short and you can't boo short people.

So if I am as dark/darker than adam goodes and i boo him am i racist? i really should ask these journalists just so i know

I always thought it was a dual Brownlow medalist thing...

No one boos Ablett.  I think that is because he is short and you can't boo short people.

B. Harvey?

I boo players for being vanilla, white trash.

I boo players for being vanilla, white trash.

You must lose your voice for months after Collingwood games.