Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

■■■■ it I can’t hold back anymore. Let’s smash these pretenders and their joke of an existence.

2 Likes

Fair to say it’s a MINI FINAL

At least for us

I know we’ve lost to some average teams this year, but norfs side is a joke. Apart from goldstein missing that goal the other week, has he really been that putrid to get dropped from a 17th placed side? I don’t care how bad the umpiring could possibly be, we lose this and the players are the mentally weakest to ever have played the game.

9 Likes

We should be fine, I imagine the guys will be pretty fired up and Wooshas crazy streak could come out at the breaks if the boys aren’t taking it 100% seriously.
I think we have just enough youth and willingness to take the game on with guys like McKenna, Gleeson, Fanta all keen to play on after a mark and open the game up.
Hopefully the 7 day break was good for Hepp and Jobe slots in without needing a game to get his touch back. Colyer hasn’t been great lately, Tippa has been a bit flat and Laverde isn’t expected to dominate straight away, so fingers crossed they don’t all have shockers. Hooker and Stewart have been a bit ordinary too, so surely a few must bounce back.
This has real potential to truly ignite our season, it would be nice to get a big win and we definitely have the ability so I’m praying hard to the footy gods tonight.

I don’t like that there have been quite a few Essendon articles today. Belly, Goddard, Colyer Lloyd’s article. At least all of them talk about consistency and the fact we lost to Brisbane. I think we will show up tomorrow but no guarantees. North’s team is weakened it really drops away in the last 6 players but can’t take it for granted. They still have some class players. I hope the fact that we have a full list and there is internal pressure to perform to keep their spots will keep the guys on their toes. I hope Lav has a great game. Will be interested to see the forward line chemistry.

First time I have been confident in 4 years. 80points win coming up.

5 Likes

Anyone confident of a win is an absolute lunatic.

17 Likes

Normally I would agree but I think the boys have the kick up the ■■■ with those close loses. Boys will do the job and look like the 2000 team doing it.

I like that they all keep mentioning the Brisbane loss. It’ll be on the forefront of their minds to ensure that we don’t make the same mistake again.

Good news guys. I went past the Castlemaine Dons factory three times today and it was buzzing with activity.

The only kangaroo I saw in 500km of travel was a warning sign near the factory: the main thing to take from that sign is that it was opposite a circus.

No, really. Silvers Circus.

9 Likes

Thanks DJR, i guess that settles it.

1 Like

We’ll win because we have 9 afl quality forwards on the list fighting for 6 spots.

Very nervous about this game

Bring it on! Won’t let this one slip - too important & the better team.

1 Like

If we legit have turned the corner with our hunger and culture then we will smash them from start to finish.

We have and we will. Roos are rubbish. Based on observations made in person at three of their recent losses.

2 Likes

Right now we’re 10th out of 18 teams. We’ve done nothing to warrant getting ahead of ourselves this year. Nor have we have achieved anything of substance for well over a decade to fall back on.

Given the strength of the respective line-ups and what we have to play for, I’ll be ropable if we turn up with a poor attitude like we just think it’s going to happen. We have to bring the heat from the first bounce!!

INTO 'EM!!

1 Like

That’s what I think too. I’ve seen enough good signs from us to know we are upward trending now. It’s just a question of how quickly and how far, this year or when?

I accidentally put 270 bucks on us last night when I was on my tab app drunk. Don’t ask me how. Fml.

That’s 100% no word of a lie. I can’t believe it

Norf by a kick after the siren

3 Likes