Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

That’s exactly why. It’s a massive PR stunt. And there’s more than a little resentment for it in the junior umpriring ranks, from the young blokes who’ve toiled away in the development pathway only for this bloke to give them windburn on the way past.

Can’t be unhappy with Laverde’s inclusion. But I’m a little uneasy with how it changes our forward structure. Let’s see how Lav can play that pressuring small forward role, as opposed to 3rd tall forward. Suspect Colyer spends more time forward.

1 Like

??

Who’s Ozzie?

Jones?? Ostrich?

This thread has a similar theme to the week leading up to Carlton.

4 Likes

You reckon?
The contrast between the trepidation in this thread this week as compared with the overwhelming head wobble in the lead up to Carlton is stark.

Well it’s official, we are goners. HS tipsters have all tipped us except the KOD. I think the last two times that happened was the Brisbane and Carlton games. Bye bye 2017.

4 Likes

I am very confident, we will come out like a steam train and roll over this mob and grinding them into the turf.

Who will stop JOEDAN and Hooksey?
TBELL to dominate and rag doll all day
TIPPA and RAZ to run riot
LAV to play like LAV
IRISH to create magic

Us by 3pts.

24 Likes

I hate feeling so confident. Maybe it’s because Essington has let me down and we’re just out of the Top 8 and not Top 4 as we should.

1 Like

Lets see if the team has learnt anything and they do what they have been preaching since the Brisbane game… They really need to come out and fire on all 8 cylinders for this game…

I like the inclusion of Lav, I must say Woosha must rate him highly to bring him in after on 2 weeks in the VFL…
I reckon their forwardline will give us problems, Waite always tears us a new one, I remember a game where he kicked 6 in a qtr when he was playing for Carlton, couldn’t stop him…
These are the type of games I’d be more comfortable playing 3 tall’s

I want this again

it happened back in 2000…it was a great day…Lloyddy kicked his hundred that day

8 Likes

I remember that game, I ran out onto the field after the ton…

6 Likes

How many of you started to panic when the Saints kicked the first 3 of the last when we were 50 points up?

its only watching the replay after a win that I can truly enjoy it lol

28 Likes

I was one, I went from we’re pathetic to we;re champions in one quarter… LOL

1 Like

The Green

2 Likes

It was said that he did a heap of work to keep up fitness levels prior to coming back IIRC.

That being the case, he showed he could play sensibly and had clearly gotten his touch back, so, it was always on the books if they thought he fitted the empty slot.

The entire Essendon section at the game was panicking - I started having mental images “Essendon drop 55 point lead in final term, record breaking loss”

I was nervous, it was also how flat we looked. I was starting to genuinely wonder if we had fitness/gameplan issues that were causing us issues in 4th quarters.

love the changes.
Really want Laverde to have a good game and kick some snags.
He has had a rough start to the year.
Can think of nothing better than having another dangerous goal kicker in our forwardline.
Stewart/Hooker/Daniher/Fantasia and Tippa are all dangerous.

I have a feeling that this weeks game will be tough and tight in the first quarter, but then we will run all over them.
listening to the podcast with Rama, talk about the 99 VFL premiership and then the 2000 AFL premiership.
Think it would be really good for Langford/Francis/Ridley, Begley etc to go all the way in the VFL finals this year.

WE have depth
Emg Lanford, Begley & Dea all would be better than Norths 22nd player selected.

HI HUNGRY I’VE NEVER BEEN MORE DAD

10 Likes

That would explain why our squad is, on average, heavier than Norfs, despite them being taller.
Seems to be true for most teams we’ve played.