Rd. 23: Essendon vs Richmond

So… How about the footy hey?

TURN UP ON SATURDAY.

Someone’s gotta drown out the boos for Jobe, you better turn up you tossers.

Oh well, Lets go out with a bang fellers and show 'em who’s boss.
Go you Bombers!!!
PS. Fark the AFL

unfortunately i broke the story about the EFC DEAL being on with the AFL last week after a tip off,from the club but with no great joy I must admit. I was wanting it to be settled in court and admired James Hird's G&D ... I was promptly PMd by Reboot to provide sources but thats Ok, no malice intended, no offence taken, being an essendon supporter since 1981 this outcome is devastating for me personally and all red blooded EFC supporters I am sure. As we are Essenon though, make no mistake the Red and Black Empire will strike back, they always do, better than ever, look no further than 2013, 2000, 1993, 1984  to know that the club's legendary fighting spirit and resilience is alive and well, and always will be, the supporters are the lifeblood of the club.  This is I assure you is just a temporary setback albeit not a great one. The club has held itself with great character in the face of adversity and will rise above this better than ever.  

I also know the club has given me some of the biggest thrills in my life apart from my wife, children, parents and family, my corporate career and friends etc. ( the privelege of being in the grandstand at the G seeing us win 4 premierships over the journey has been a tremendous highlight, it doesnt get much better as a supporter, we get to play finals regularly, and play anzac day every year and regular blockbusters at the G by being a genuine AFL foundation powerhouse.

I have documented those times that were particularly emotional for me as a bomber supporter over the journey in the scum review thread this week of the top 10 I think, 5 occured this year, it has been a rollercoaster, the players have been tremendous, skilful and resilient played for the jumper and kept the red and black flag flying in the depths of despair of a cold and very dark winter and in the face of savage and unprovoked attacks from the media. I would encourage all supporters to put their swords and pitchforks away, bite your tounges, hold your heads high, act with grace and class befitting all essendon supporters, rock up to the home game v tiggers in round 23( put yourself in the place of the innocent players, would they want their loyal supporters to desert them in their hour of need?), cheer loudly, support the players, but above all look to the future, make sure you buy an EFC membership in 2014 and dream of an unprecedented 17th flag next year or in the very near future no doubt, we have outstanding talent on our list, with some gaps that need filling no doubt but 14 wins this year the most for a number of years.. we have made huge strides as a team, and as the Dawks, Cats, etc descend down the ladder we have the opportunity to return to powerhouse status in 2014 and beyond with good decisions by the club and board, guiding us. Please get around the club, above all the the players, and the legend that is Mark "Bomber" thompson and James Hird who have put the clubs interests ahead of their own. they will be counting on your support.         

Well since I was planning on flying down for our first final in ages, I guess I’d better jump onto Webjet & see about flights for this weekend

We need to rest all our stars to avoid major injuries and suspensions for next year.

It’s imperative we have everyone up and firing for round 1, 2014 and playing for the jumper on that day… Saturday night literally is a waste of time and its next year I want to see our passion, not this weekend.

ffs nothing is a waste of time and nothing is played for no reason.

Saturday night is the night the players get to send a real message to the AFL and to the rest of the competition that Hird is innocent and that they will be back next year, so better watch out.

Turn up and stop being soft about players getting injured. In fact I hope we smash a few Tigers, especially sooky Jack.

Saturday night is the night the players get to send a real message to the AFL and to the rest of the competition that Hird is innocent and that they will be back next year, so better watch out.
Turn up and stop being soft about players getting injured. In fact I hope we smash a few Tigers, especially sooky Jack.

Nothing we do on the field will prove anything re the last 7 months. And surely after today everyone knows that you can't send the AFL a "message".
I love flying the flag, but if any major injuries or suspensions occur and players are missing next year - to me that's salt in our wounds. Round 1 and onwards is when we send our message, under our AFL dictated interim coach.

Nothing we do on the field will prove anything re the last 7 months. And surely after today everyone knows that you can't send the AFL a "message".
I love flying the flag, but if any major injuries or suspensions occur and players are missing next year - to me that's salt in our wounds. Round 1 and onwards is when we send our message, under our AFL dictated interim coach.

There are 7 other teams playing games that don't matter this weekend. You think they're not going to give it a go. You always try, no matter what.

AFL dictated coach?
Damian Drum to lead us to the flag!

Crowd numbers will be interesting.

The only message the AFL will listen to is one involving $$$.

Boycott all away games.

I’ll be there to watch us ruin Richmond.

I think the crowd will be bigger than most people think.

The only message the AFL will listen to is one involving $$$.

Boycott all away games.

The problem is that you are still punishing the EFC players and the message of protest can be a bit lost as crowds fluctuate anyway.

If you want to protest, it would be better to boycott one particular game, standing outside the stadium, preferably early in the season and preferably against a team whose president has shot his mouth off. It would also be nice to hammer the point home by making sure the games before and after are sold out.

We need to rest all our stars to avoid major injuries and suspensions for next year.
It's imperative we have everyone up and firing for round 1, 2014 and playing for the jumper on that day... Saturday night literally is a waste of time and its next year I want to see our passion, not this weekend.

Then who are going to play in our VFL side, they have to be considered.

Jeez it will be interesting this weekend. Richmond have shown they have a decent side and have more wins than us, and should beat us on form, though if we are to believe the only reason our form has been terrible is the impending penalties, then we could bounce back with a vengeance.

I think as a club we need to do the right thing by the fans and show them how much fighting spirit we have, and show the competition that a finals series without us is tainted because we belong there.

If we beat Carlton last week (who will probably take our spot) and Richmond this week who will be 5th or 6th then we show opposition supporters and our own that their finals series without us is a joke.

I say we play our best side without injured players and we give it our best and we do it for Hirdy and everyone who's blood pressure has been effected this season.

Crowd will be 80,000 plus imo. MCG website says 55,000. Reallly hoping the members show up so we don't have patches of empty seats from M1-M13 or so. I'll be there. Front row. Thinking about making a sign or something to get my ugly mug on TV and show a bit of support but no where near creative enough to think of anything.

Davey 100 Games!!!

GET AROUND HIM (his) BOYS!!!!

so do we stack the vfl side this weekend or pick our strongest line up in the afl? - should be a poll.

D,J.R named a pretty strong side in the VFL thread. Would love to see that team go all the way over the next month. Think it would be great for the playing group and the fans if they were to have a crack at doing so.

if i can indulge a fantasy for a moment, it would be awesome to go along to docklands in a couple of weeks to watch em play in a GF. Reckon they would draw a pretty damn healthy crowd.

think it would be great experience for some of the youngsters too.