Recruitment of a ruckman

(In relation to last sentence above)
As a general rule I am against using first or second round picks on ruckman unless they’re on Natanui levels, or could be considered a forward first like JoeDan or Darcy Moore (who both were father sons somewhat ironically)
A couple of recycled guys who can hold their own at AFL level and a late pick/rookie is where it’s at imo

Wouldn’t mind one of Meek or Filipovic depending on who we take at 1. Getting the ruckman that has worked with these gun midfielders could be an option for the rookie draft. Filipovic has a basketball background and has great touch just needs to fix his kicking but has the fitness. Meek is a good tap ruckman but very slow

Shouldn’t this thread be called ‘wecwuitment of a wuckman’?

Definitely need another ruck on the senior list.

Preferable one who can actually contribute should they be called upon. Perhaps the big bodied young player would be the way to go as beanpole cant get it done.

Off the top of my head when Freo had all of Sandi, Griffin & Clarke out they had to roll dice with an 18-19yr old, I think it was maybe Hannath and he did ok.

At what pick would Darcy be in the range to get looked at? It’s noted many clubs keen. pick 29?

Nah that’s way too early. He’ll be a later pick up if he goes in the main draft. There’s a lot of midfield depth this year and clubs are preferring to take speculative talls far later than in the past.

Baulderstone

Baulderstone

Sean Darcy as pick 41
Boulderstone Rookie

Both sponsored by Johnsons sports nutrition meal service.

Throw in a McCluggage and an Antler personal sponsorship and we might be starting to repay our sponsors a bit.

Definitely need another ruck on the senior list.

Preferable one who can actually contribute should they be called upon. Perhaps the big bodied young player would be the way to go as beanpole cant get it done.

Off the top of my head when Freo had all of Sandi, Griffin & Clarke out they had to roll dice with an 18-19yr old, I think it was maybe Hannath and he did ok.

At what pick would Darcy be in the range to get looked at? It’s noted many clubs keen. pick 29?

Nah that’s way too early. He’ll be a later pick up if he goes in the main draft. There’s a lot of midfield depth this year and clubs are preferring to take speculative talls far later than in the past.

Okay so it’s hope for English to slide to 20 or take Darcy at 41. One is skinny as hell but amazing athleticism for his height, one is a big lump of a lad. Both would need many years or development.

It’s time for the Baldy ! He may finish up as our no. 1 ruckman.

When recruiting a ruckman that should be the minimum standard we are looking for … !

People get so concerned by the list management situation of ruckman.
There’s about a 95% chance that we selected a raw, under developed bean pole late or rookie list. They don’t play a single game and then get delisted after 1-2 seasons.
It’s a waste of time.

Even if Belly and Leuy get injured we’d still go with Daniher, Hooker, Ambrose, Stewart as ruck choices ahead of a rookie ruckman.

It's time for the Baldy ! He may finish up as our no. 1 ruckman.

When recruiting a ruckman that should be the minimum standard we are looking for … !

Baldy Barrels is a member of Bigfoot and 46 years old?

People get so concerned by the list management situation of ruckman. There's about a 95% chance that we selected a raw, under developed bean pole late or rookie list. They don't play a single game and then get delisted after 1-2 seasons. It's a waste of time.

Even if Belly and Leuy get injured we’d still go with Daniher, Hooker, Ambrose, Stewart as ruck choices ahead of a rookie ruckman.

So where’s the young up and coming Ruckman in 3 years time?

Heard a whisper that we are into Tom Goodwin from Coburg.

200cm Ruckman.

200cm Ruckman.

Legitemetly never heard of him?

Would he bring the good stuff?

200cm Ruckman.

Ex-Mooroolbark junior
Used to turn up in the morning when it was 5 degrees in shorts, thongs and a tee
Played U19 rugby for Melb Storm (and I genuinely thought he killed someone when he played footy for Yarra Glen later in th year)
Was a CHB in EFL/SANFL but had a 6-7cm growth spurt at about 21
Play Development League for Box Hill
Past 2 seasons at Coburg including B&F this year
200cm, 105-110kg Mumford style ruckman (albeit a bit clumsier)
Had about 4 opposition ruckman get suspended for striking him in the past 2 years
Tackles with a big swinging round arm
Son of Andy Goodwin below

200cm Ruckman.

Ex-Mooroolbark junior
Used to turn up in the morning when it was 5 degrees in shorts, things and a tee
Played U19 rugby for Melb Storm (and I genuinely thought he killed someone when he played footy for Yarra Glen later in th year)
Had about 4 opposition ruckman get suspended for striking him in the past 2 years
https://youtu.be/pjyV5U1QYBo

Sounds like he may be as mad as Jamar…magnificent, bring him in!

SEN in their draft preview clearly ■■■■■■ up listed as sub 180 and under 80kg

200cm Ruckman.

Ex-Mooroolbark junior
Used to turn up in the morning when it was 5 degrees in shorts, things and a tee
https://youtu.be/pjyV5U1QYBo

Sounds like he may be as mad as Jamar…magnificent, bring him in!

More or less
I’m a little skeptical of him having enough tricks for AFL but you know you’re getting an honest player who will give 100% every minute during the game and at training
Kinda like Ambrose in Jamar’s body

Tom Goodwin is a ripper kid too. Unconditional 100% effort. Haven’t seen him play in a few years but played with his dad’s intensity. If he’s genuinely fit enough and has the desire to play at the highest level, he’s definitely worth a shot. He’s from great stock too, Andy is one of the best footy people I’ve come across.

JAMAR like.

Bring him in.