Recruitment of a ruckman

Nah, that was the Nick Gill game

1 Like

My 1st thought on this was that Cyril 2010 would have been far more value than Danger to that Stkilda side. I had in my head that Danger took a few years to really impact as a mid but hadn’t really remembered him much as an effective forward. I checked the stats & was surprised that Cyril only kicked 1 more goal than Danger from 1 extra match so effectively they were very similar as forwards in 2010.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know how many more Cyril created though…

I wonder whether Cyril would have been the player he became if the saints drafted him. He’d probably have returned to Darwin years ago

1 Like

All I know is that if we had drafted him his hammies wouldn’t have lasted a pre-season

2 Likes
1 Like

Good thing, bad thing? Thoughts?

Can’t we just get him as DFA now given the rule changes and 2yr window?

News here reporting it too

Yeah I think so but I’m not 100% on the rules.

My thoughts are that Fox Sports could just credit AAP if they’re only gonna lift five pars.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2093

WAFL Form

I understood it to be only this year’s delistongs that could be signed, but @SplitRound?

Not my preference, but makes sense.

2 Likes

If he can stay fit he’s a good backup.

Too laconic for me. I’d prefer Tom Campbell.

Obviously has seconds form so will be good for our VFL and has AFL experience but hope we either don’t need it or he plays so well he gets in the firsts.

Just backup

Mumford seemingly going straight to GWS. Retired in 2017 and was coaching in 2018.

Edit. Did a little more looking, new rules aren’t as simple as just being picked up as a DFA

Nicely timed video to throw off other clubs

Didn’t even know he was delisted last year.

Could do worse

200cm average/serviceable Ruckman = The 2018 journeyman.

Getting an AFL salary until your 30 years old, and playing state league football, just because your tall.