Recruitment of a ruckman

I presume he thought TBC was temperamentally immature, rather than physically.
I remember seeing him in the vfl at Frankston when he was 19 or 20, and he looked physically ready. He took big strong marks, and his kicking looked good for a ruckman. I remember thinking he didn’t look like a long slow development project type.

Hickory Dickory dock, Vickery can suck my ■■■■!

2 Likes

This new rule is interesting and depending on the AFL’s ajuducation, it appears it will have a big say on which way we go.

You are in the wrong chapter.

I don’t think it will have any say whatsoever.

1 Like

Am I interpreting it incorrectly Ants?

Zak Clarke :heavy_check_mark:

12 Likes

My interpretation is they’d have to contort themselves through about a million hoops to make the rule that they made up for an entirely different situation work for these cases.

The intent was to replace someone who retired post draft. It’s ridiculous to try and shoehorn either of these into that situation.

We have the ability to fill out list at the draft. We don’t have access as Delisted FAs. If we want Clarke it has to be by the draft. Anything else is the AFL manipulating its rules to get the outcome it wants

1 Like

Of course it is, but when has that ever stopped them. GWS want Mumford and the AFL want Mumford to help GWS and I’d say they thought this was a good way to avoid anyone poaching him should he enter the draft. And then we saw that and thought we’d try the same thing and either get a guy we want without having to wait or make the AFL look like they were playing favourites.

5 Likes

Two things I’d never expect to see in the same sentence.

His WAFL numbers were outstanding.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2093

1 Like

WOAH! check out that body outline! TANK!

3 Likes

Dylan says fark you.

1 Like

85kg?

Sure they didn’t take Christian Bock’s weight?

1 Like

85 kg is pretty light, if correct he will get monstered.

Ideally he won’t even have to play (seniors)

203cm / 97kg based on http://www.aflplayers.com.au/zac-clarke/

1 Like

24 posts were split to a new topic: Welcome to Essendon, Zac Clarke?

Now we only need 1 of Tomkinson, Marriott or Briggs.