Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

Hi brain was 5 minutes behind on everything tonight

Play the kids. No bags or myers back in.

In the last quarter Langford was standing at Full Forward commanding the football and yelling at team mates for not kicking it to him.

What do we need to do to get this Langford every week?

5 Likes

Football IQ and adequate fitness.

We

Don’t

Have

Either

4 Likes

Not bothering with getting angry tonight. Lost in scrappy conditions to one of the best scrapping teams in the league, need to keep substantial reserves of anger for next week.

11 Likes

bathsalts in his weed?

4 Likes

Play him.

15 Likes

Good start

1 Like

Did you not watch the game whilst there?

The game was at half speed tonight. when the speed is on, he will need to do more than “yelling at team mates for not kicking it to him”

We were terrible, so disappointing to see us going backwards each week.

Even though we won last week, thought we were terrible then too.

Just play the young guy’s may as well get games into them, it’s not like we are going to make finals or win many more games the way we are going.

Thought Parish was great, Heppell tried all night, Begley was good for only second game back and Langford was good also.

7 Likes

Or Ambrose is just cool as fark.

14 Likes

Stringer and Shiel should complain to the club. They came to this club expecting a state of the art system. They were promised they would have everything to get the best out of themselves. Soft tissue injuries are not acceptable to so many good players

3 Likes

*Feel free to substitute cool with hard, tough, courageous, fearless or any other superlative in the same vein.

4 Likes

can’t say I didn’t expect that result coming given our history in these games and against this team. It just hurts now rocking up to these big games knowing full well what you’re expecting already to happen.
Complete laughing stock and banter club at the moment. you know we’re ■■■■■■ when Carlton are looking forward to playing us.
I try not to care but it just won’t happen.
Something has to change but I don’t know what. Is it the players? is it the coaches?
What the fuc* do we do?

@darkknightpheonix
Yer, I just got home and saw your 4 messages towards me in the Match Day thread.
Unlike you, I was at the game and couldn’t reply.
Surprisingly, I wasn’t following the match day thread whilst watching the game live.

Yes, the Tigers are far too good for us.
You are still pessimistic though.
In my own defence, I had the exact margin until Rioli kicked that final goal on the siren.

1 Like

We are so similar to Melbourne. We play too many At the contest and lack the spread away once the ball comes out.
No one lowers their eyes and no one leads.
Rinse and repeat.

7 Likes

Richmond are a top 4 side and probably number 1 in wet weather. We lost. Move on.

6 Likes

Such a predictable outcome. On a wet night when territory was paramount. Simple, honest footy, just get it forward by any means, put your head over it, provide a contest and put on the tackling pressure, we tried to play a dry weather game. Handballs, short kicks, forwards looking for “over the back” footy and not getting in front and playing the percentages and being predictable to one another. Richmond are such a well drilled outfit, they beat us in every department comprehensively for 3 quarters. Low and behold once we look dead and buried we decided to play and we put together our best footy for a good month, probably since Anzac Day, but all too little, too late.

Individually we had some pretty good players. Parish I thought was superb across the 4 quarters, always in the right spots, got it going forward, used his hands well. Langford 3 of our 6 goals played his guys out. Belly predictable dominated the ruck battle. Outside that we had few winners. Another 2 do down injured. Something has to give. The club must act at season’s end.

4 Likes

WOB got suspended? That’s no good.