Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

I had a work dinner at a nice restaurant in Venice. Just got back and caught up with score. Don’t know what it means other than we lost which is unfortunate but not unexpected. And we must’ve kicked crap.

Anyway, dinner was good though.

5 Likes

just caught up on the injuries - sigh, no luck going our way

2 Likes

Imagine the pressure they’d be under if we’d kicked straight early. We were 1.7 and they were 4.4. Convert a few of those chances and that’s a one kick game.

2 Likes

Could say this every single week.

2 Likes

There’s just no way I could disagree with you !

2 Likes

yes - nothing changes! Woosha can’t teach and coach.

Are you there for Biennale?

1 Like

Decided to stay home last night instead of attending “Benny Hill Time at the G”
I just knew we would play the way we did in wet conditions. We are quite simply the worst wet weather team going around. Marvel as a home base does us no favours in this regard.

Parish was awesome. Langford’s second half was good.
Though Smack was played too high up the ground. Zaka is putrid. More injuries, terrific.

1 Like

Getting a bit sick of these heaps of promise but turns out to be a stinker seasons.

1 Like

A decent coaching panel and fitness staff puts us knocking on the door of the 8. Up to the players to push it open and step through.

You mean you tipped against Essington?

So did I.

You get to go to Venice for work?

Do you need a not-particularly-good lawyer to join your team?

5 Likes

After making a conscious attempt at separating my emotions from my football, i slept soundly last night.

4 Likes

I actually think we played what people call “smart wet weather football”.

We certainly didn’t try and be cute. There was a stat up on the scoreboard late in the 1st that there’d been one kick backwards in total to that point in the game.

Richmond were the ones taking the game on through the middle and took their chances up forward.

4 Likes

Wait until next season. Gonna be a beauty.

1 Like

I’ve read a few people here having a go at our skill level last night… wast exactly perfect weather for football… tigers made plenty of errors as well…

1 Like

Are we Richmonds ■■■■■? How many games in a row have we lost against the Tigers now?

I went last night with a friend. At half time, with one goal on the board, I said to him, “Sometime toward the end of the game we’ll score three or four goals in a row, just enough to raise a spark of hope. Then Richmond will score a goal and that will be the end of that.”

After last week’s display against Freo, this game did not surprise me one little bit.

Shameful. Sub-standard.

On a brighter note, we were in a tram heading up Bridge Road toward the G, when a blonde, fit-looking man in full Essendon gear got on at the Epworth stop and was standing near us. I asked him, “Are you Bruce Reid?” and he said, “Yes.” We chatted all the way to the MCC Members entrance. He showed us his pass and said, “This will get me onto the oval so I guess it will get me in here,” and we went our separate ways.

At one stage I said, “I’ve just got one real question. Can you fix Joe Daniher?” He said, “Yes.”

31 Likes

Not for me - it was clearly a below par performance and I take little from the mini rally late.

My concern is the injuries will now be used an excuse to not probably critique the lack of system, mismanagement of kids and poor development.

Sadly I can’t see us beating Carlton and it that happens there is only one option - however, I doubt the club will have the balls to do that.

Another wasted year.

2 Likes

Dylan Shiel must bethinking “I chose the wrong club”