Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

First and last quarters were pretty good and only losing by 23 points is better than I thought. Langford and Parish played great. Other than that put 2019 on ice and focus on 2020. This year is shot.

2 Likes

Throw Heppell in there too, was epic.

5 Likes

I did as there was no expectation

2 Likes

Oh… the VFL forward line…

1 Like

He was there last year when we were crap

2 Likes

So are these review threads just for you guys to state the obvious and feel like special footy watching guys?

some short, skinny kid that noone’s ever seen play before, that we get at pick 45, after trading out a senior player for a three pick upgrade? E S S I N G T O N

1 Like

Houli seems like a good guy. Shame we forced him out of the club.

3 Likes

What else should it be about?

For a half
He had 6 touches in the second half

1 Like

UTILITY

No, not unexpected at all. But the manner of the loss is what sticks in the craw - insipid, directionless, tactically inept, poor team selection for the conditions. All the hallmarks of shithouse coaching.

With a couple more soft tissue injuries just to smear another layer of sh it over the top of things.

4 Likes

Corky slowed him down.

Those Richmond players he so often tapped the ball to agree with you.

3 Likes

With Brown injured in the ressies.
and Stringer and Shiel out.
Will be interesting who we bring in,

Will Woosha go back to his favs Baguley and Myers.
How far away is Stewart? Could he come straight in?

Who else impressed from the VFL?
Mozzie kicked 2.2 - and could argue he wont get monstered against the blues.
Clarke was good again, does he get his chance.

Out: Stringer, Shiel
In: Mozzie, D A Clarke

or will the coach want to play 3 rucks - Clarke, McKernan and Bellchambers lol

2 Likes

Just seemed to be more effort on the ground even though there was virtually no hope of winning.

Has the mid season draft order changed?
Hate to say it but Geelong have traded and recruited well AGAIN!! Dodoro hmmm…

In other words, no alternative coach would make any difference to this side then? Based on that logic, a coach is ineffective and has no influence over a group of footballers. Sorry, I don’t buy it. Woosha is ultimately responsible for this group as Head Coach. For some reason, he cannot get them to click at the same time. Selection all year has been extremely poor. Our boys look unfit at times and disinterested/mentally switched off at other times. Gameday coaching has been poor most of the year. We haven’t beaten any decent sides. We stand for very little and haven’t improved one iota since last year. How long does John have left?

7 Likes

Might be a good bloke but think he might have a bit of a body odour prob.
Nobody went near him all night.

That’s not what I said.