Review Thread- no finals this season

That’s a terrible rhyme.

1 Like

Heppells responsibility to , say , put McGrath on Mitchel ?., 10 mins into 1st qtr. I’d like to see that (actually thsts the move I would have made, Andy getting few possys himself, great way to be led t o the pill.)

I was inferring that it was the coaches responsibility to respond to the moves made by the opposing coach and to change things if they are not working, preferably before the last 5 minutes of the game.

Understood, and I agree, it’s surely possible for coach and capt to share concerns during “benchtime” , doesnt make sense for the players to be coaching the side (between breaks)

We also have a runner

Has anyone told Woosha ?

Mark Neeld wouldn’t let the runner talk to Woosh without first speaking to him

1 Like

I’ve watched 3 quarters of the replay so far and the umpiring is alot worse than people think.

The amount of missed free kicks so far has been infuriating.

7 Likes

Last quarter so biased against us it’s alarming.

2 Likes

Does Stratton look as much of a superstar on TV as he did live?

the mullet certainly did.

Didn’t look like much of a superstar when his direct man Baguley was kicking his 3 goals :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would be very interested in a stat - from the last 15 or so years - in how many times we have kicked the first three goals of matches and lost.

2011 Elimination Final comes to mind. Sorry to bring that game up.

There’s always incidental contact in a contested marking contest.

In fairness, the competition was a lot easier way back then. Now we have more teams, interstate games and more wear and tear on bodies. Therefore, we have a lot more years of mediocrity before we get even with 24-41.

I accept your apology

Easily the worst day at the footy I have ever had

I’m going to assume you were in England in 1999 ?

5 Likes

I was listening to it on the radio as a kid on a whale watching trip with my family in qld. What made it worse is my dad and brother are Carlton supporters.

Thank goodness norf beat them the week after otherwise I would never of heard the end of it

1 Like

Too many players on the list, that deep down, just don’t beliebe they are good enough to win the big games that count, all good enough players, but you need more than that to be successful. Is it hunger, desire, self belief? Not sure, probably a combination of the lot of them. When they chips are down, who are the 3 or 4 players on our list that regularly say not today, and have genuine belief that they will drag the team over the line with them. I just don’t see it. On to next season I guess, will anything change? That’s the million dollar question.

1 Like