Review Thread v Adelaide goal machines

100% with you there. 3-1 looks a lot better than 2-2, so the Blues loss stings. Let’s not forget the Crows smashed GWS as well, who many tip to win the flag this year. Adelaide on their home track are near on unbeatable, but what concerned me is how easily we were opened up, and again we lacked the ability to shut play down and try and regain control. The mantra was obviously to play on and move it quick, but if you turn it over you get hurt the other way, and Adelaide have one of the best forward lines I’ve seen for some time.

The talk of “hitting a wall” I hope is just Woosha trying to take some heat off the players. I hope after 4 games that isn’t the case, but who knows…

John Worsfold says that some of the players have hit the wall, it’s not the player who hit the wall ,John Worsfold is coaching abilities have hit the wall,he got this year, and one more year, John Worsfold would he say, that trav coyler has hit the wall or Paddy Ryder, you wouldn’t say that Adelaide Crows midfielder, a dangerous ,they have’s only got one good midfield players ,and that’s is sloan,and what do the Essendon members think of that statement,

1 Like

that’s is sloan would be a cool username

2 Likes

School holidays end tomorrow, right?

2 Likes

Bring back Hirdy now!

1 Like

Concur with all of this.
The Carlton game was one that we simply did not have to lose.
He did.
Because…what…preparing for the rest of the year and we’re going to suck at that as well?
That one loss where ■■■■-all was learned is already starting to sting.

Lyn_is_magic_like_stars

5 Likes

That is true.

I’d more be going merrett and parish as starting mids for most of the game and in pretty much most of the center bounces.
then work from there who should be in there.

Goddard and zaka should never be in at center clearences, it’s too great a risk essentially, if you don’t get the ball the opposition just has 0 pressure put on them going the other way.

Either way they need to find hungry bulls to play in the midfield, you need guys who will tackle hard and put pressure on when they don’t have the ball, parish and jerrett do that and can stick a tackle. we need to find more of that.

1 Like

Yep, a young bull needs to be a priority this offseason.

1 Like

All those wishing for 3-1 are wasting a wish IMO

4-0 BABY!

I think that we should be looking to the future now and playing a back six of:

Ambrose Hartley McGrath
Gleeson Hurley McKenna

Leave those guys together for a few weeks and see how they go.

If McKenna doesn’t look like making it (as it stands he has all the tools, but lacks some game experience) then bring either Dea or the bloke we drafted from the VFL in.

1 Like

What do we think of that statement? I got no farken idea. Anyone here from PNG?

2 Likes

It’s a perfectly cromulent response.

1 Like

Your turn will come grasshopper.

I’ve only seen the third quarter on replay. That quarter represents who Essendon are in 2017. They’ll continue to have lulls in-game but with each match they’ll develop more cohesion/consistency.

3 Likes

Didn’t actually say that. I said our delivery into the forward line needs work.

We had plenty of opportunity we just didn’t use it well.

We had absolutely no clean control of the ball for three quarters.

Scotty Lucas said on the performance of Essendonfc against Adelaide Crows, was most pathetic performance he’s ever seen from an Essen Don team, afraid to man up, scared to tackle

2 Likes

Where’d he say this?

2 Likes