Review thread v FCFC - The End of Days

I kinda think the club created the saga too…what, with the clubs self organized injection regime and all…

7 Likes

Is Xavier Campbell gonna come out and apologise about the performance again?
This was worse than the Brisbane loss at home last year.

Oh that’s right, he doesn’t want to offend the players.

1 Like

But at the same time, would we be worse if he played?

This does not look like a united team playing for their coach. Something is iffy and it’s not just Charlie Curnow’s haircut.

2 Likes

Hey Xavier

Blow me

Regards every Essendon fan

11 Likes

Who was coaching then?

Where is all the run and carry from last year. Just have a go.quick play on is what is needed. The forwards need to stay at home.

Hope we don’t win again this year and I hope the happy clappers stop going to games or attending club functions

4 Likes

Wonder if we will have any players asking for a trade come the end of this year.
There’s that helpless look on our players faces. Where to now?

yeah so didnt watch. I take it the replay is not worthing tuning into?

:joy: essendon. seriously.

Change is blowing in the wind big time. I can hear it

10 Likes

The saddest thing is that the last placed team could understand our game plan. Did they place a loose man in our forward line? Yes. Did they make sure they won the clearances? Yes. Did they out tackle us and keep the ball in their forward half? Yes. Cut our corridor and put front on pressure? Yes.

What did we actually achieve out of that loss? We didn’t handball backwards as much but as a consequence we just bombed it long forward blindly.

This is the bottom placed team in the AFL and if any more proof was required that our game plan simply isn’t working, well this is it.

Our game plan has killed Zerrett. We made a game plan that doesn’t suit arguably our best player.

Essendon, please.

22 Likes

Despite the commentators lauding Kreuzer, I thought the ruck battle was intriguing. Belly dominated the hitouts and won the hitouts to advantage. Kreuzer was better around the ground, however, it was our stinking midfield (easily the worst I have seen in 40+ years) that let us down.

Our forward structure is a shambles. Was Darcy a huge Daisy fan as a kid? Well, while in awe of his childhood idol, he forgot to play a game of footy. Daisy’s numbers were ridiculous (kicks and marks were off tap).

Walla was a lean, mean, tackling machine last year. He looks seriously overweight.

Myers should resign immediately, otherwise we offer him up to the Bureau of Meteorology. He can sit on their rooftop all day and test the altitude with his kicks.

BJ…you have tried and been consistent, but it is time to hang up the boots. You are not our future. Need games into the kids. Same goes for the Bagman.

But, most of all, we need to send Woosha to Broome on a broom, along with all the other junk coaches. They should be banned from ever stepping back into Victoria again. Actually, forget WA. They can go and dig up opals in Coober Pedy and never, ever, return above ground again, hacks!!!

3 Likes

This is close to rock bottom, I’m pretty sure the nadir is still to come. Nothing to do with the club in 2012 will come close to winning anything - and what looked like a bunch of promising young players will fizzle out, as we overplay the guys coming back and the young guys either leave or lose any belief.

Clean out the board.
Clean out the coaches.
Clean out our development team
Clean out our list
Hire an entire team of psychologists

1 Like

I think Woosha has lost the players, or least a segment of the playing group… think that has been clear for weeks and I think that more and more will ‘switch off’ as they all read media and will alll start to feel the fraud of woosha message.

I mean even the messages during the week… Heppell comes out and talks about dropping players who won’t “play the essendon way” and that is repeated by Myers who comments that guys from VFL will “get their chance” etc etc… but then absolutely ZERO unforced changes?!! And one of the guys coming in was ‘established best 22’ anyway… so really Smack got a chance… he wasn’t bad (probably in our bests) but SMACK should never be the answer to a crisis!!

Oh and Goddard looks like a shell… gets pummelled by a pimply teen and barely raises his voice… kinda just took it… he is broken. Done. Reckon he was fired up for one last shot at a flag but can see the writing and is now barely interested. Sad end to what was a glorious career.

12 Likes

The one thing nearly as infuriating as our lack of game plan, form and heart is the people who feel the need to remind everyone at every opportunity that they called it first. It’s not some badge of honour. We are ■■■■ and it’s embarrassing.

5 Likes

Out: Worsfold, Campbell

1 Like

Very real possibility some will. I’d actually encourage them to at this stage