Review thread v richmond @ dreamtime 2021

You want to bring in a guy who hasn’t even been introduced to his team mates yet, and yet expect to beat a side by 10 goals.

1 of your other projected INS is 2MP who you dubbed 2mspud only a few weeks ago.
I can find that post if you wish !

Nah, I can honestly say I’m not basing my opinion on one single contest from a couple of years ago.

I don’t disagree with that part, although I think they should have aimed a bit higher.

I know but these are the steps we need to take

I still don’t rate him but we have no choice really

I’d be just as happy with a 1 point win with the current injury list that we have.

2 Likes

You constantly go and set unrealistic expectations and then seemingly make yourself upset over results like the team/individual players have personally offended you.

Saying things like ‘I’ll be disappointed if it’s not a 10goal win’ is just ridiculous

Brisbane who are flying only a few weeks ago beat the Hawks by only 28pts. And if we were to win by 5 goals only vs Hawks you’d throw a tantrum.

Itd be nice to have a 10 goal win. But the facts are on any given day there may not be as much of a difference between teams, and any gap will be closed up more so when injuries are impacting your best side.

Hawks are missing some talent for sure themselves but they are also extremely well coached

We will win. How much by remains to be seen.

3 Likes

People on here claim we went toe to toe with Richmond with no McGrath and Zaka and now are having doubts we can’t flog Hawthorn?

I don’t get it

They literally beat us in round 1, what are you on about

I don’t give a fck about how much Brisbane beat Hawks by I only care about Essendon

Fark. This is going to be a long couple of weeks isn’t it.

6 Likes

After being 40 points up even more reason to return the favour

Il be happy even with a 5-6 goal win

Are you familiar with the hot drink BOVRIL Nino ?

Also, @Paul_Peos
Which player are you thinking of specifically, as tall KB for WB ?

I think the midfield outs may stop us from properly belting them like we did North, but Hawthorn also have an inferior midfield to North. If we lose this, we’ve ■■■■■■ basically everything we’ve worked for this season down the drain.

Nah, they are proper bad. They are having an Essendon 2006 year.

Their win in round 1 was down to the fact that they started playing keepings off after half-time, and we had no idea how to adjust to it back then. Freo tried doing the same, but we figured out how to stop it in the last quarter. The Tigers also tried doing the same, but we stopped them aswell.

I watched the FC vs Hawks game a few weeks ago (family full of FC supporters), and the Hawks were utterly horrendous. They were barely EDFL standard

1 Like

Sam Frost says otherwise.

Plowman from Carlton

1 Like

Its simple. This year we are as good a chance of beating Richmond as we are losing to them.

Furthermore, we are as good a chance of beating Hawthorn as we are losing to them.

If you can move away from thinking only in absolutes then it isn’t hard to grasp.

2 Likes

I’m not saying we aren’t a chance of losing to Hawks but in terms of where both teams are at and what we shown so far it should be a comfortable win

We owe these ■■■■■■

No idea why nino is getting flamed. We SHOULD smash these ■■■■■

5 Likes

We should. I was looking forward to attending this game too.

Would hate to be in Tasmania. Another interstate trip.

Of course this lockdown happens when we were about to hit our run of Victorian based games.

1 Like

Funny, I was at that game as well.
Thought they had control for periods, but their skill level was so horrendous off the HB line, they never gave themselves a chance to make Carlton nervous.

One thing for certain, our defensive unit is vastly better than it was Rd. 1.
They will find it difficult to score.

2 Likes