Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

Ling’s honest about it - talking about his teammates etc. don’t mind it at all. not sure too many mind it when he’s going on and on about Kelly either. Lloydy had the prob of trying to be impartial/professional - albeit unconvincingly.

i was screaming at the tv for eddie to stop barracking so hard for north. then we got a run on and he was just as excitable, so i formally withdrew my criticism and found something else to hate on.

7 Likes

I was at the game and briefly turned on the radio to find out how long left, heard Brayshaw’s commentary of the game, he couldn’t even pretend to sound impartial at the result. Very flat as Essendon kept scoring goals.

Ling is hopeless.

The problem is the role of “special comments”. There are too many of them and in reality are not really needed, they never really add much imo.

They generally have two commentators and a bunch of special comments. However the comms have turned into special comments people as well instead of just calling the call.

3 Likes

The best special comments team I have heard recently is Mick Malthouse and Scotty Lucas, they both have slightly different perspectives, but are generally "deep and meaningful " ( in footy terms ) . I would be interested to hear what they say in an Essendon game that I am watching to firm up my view…

Malthouse is one of those people I turn the radio off when I hear.

Rudd and Abbott are two others…most of the SEN crew too.

Dal the needle ■■■■ Called Laverde Lavardy on sen… what a ■■■■ head

Did anyone else think it was odd that North moved Waite to the backline? He was beating Hurley.
I wasn’t sure if our comeback or his move back came first.

Dave Culbert seriously makes me nauseous, then I get really mad and turn the radio off before I crash my car.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to a second of SEN since early 2013, so I’ve forgotten what the hypocritical ■■■■ sounds like.

5 Likes

Hurley, Kelly, Gleeson, Daniher, Mckenna, Zakka

The morning show is pretty good, I like Garry and Tim and KB is pretty funny to listen to once you realise he’s the biggest troll in the media. Ox and Marko are illiterate boobs and Francis Leach is a complete moron.

1 Like

KB is one of the major things that’s wrong with football.

And Smith, Denham and Culbert don’t help his cause.

1 Like

Ling in his first year in the media was very very good to listen to. Offered a lot of insight. Then almost overnight he turned into a complete moron. David King was very similar.

1 Like

Happy to get the win but man was I blowing a few gaskets in the first half why do we struggle so much against ■■■■ sides? it drive me bonkers.

4 Likes

Yep, I remember at the game when it happened & thought at 1st Waite may have been injured & off the ground until I noticed him back & thought they must have had another injury. Made no sense considering at that point none of our tall forwards had done a thing & Waite was causing us problems forward. When Hooker started getting on top in the last it would have been logical to send Waite to him but that didn’t happen.

1 Like

It’s called tanking. Same reason we won the clearances 16-1 or something in the last quarter.

4 Likes

Can’t a couple of guys from Blitz commentate on games so we can simulcast? I can handle any of the current commentators on TV or Foxtel.

1 Like

I nominate @dingus

3 Likes

Yep, with closed captions from djr

1 Like