Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

Smythy on sedatives these days. Disappointingly calm explanation.

6 Likes

No point going off the long-run. Depressingly accustomed.

Dees flood. We miss targets, handball to blokes standing still, miss goals. Then collapse. Rinse repeat.

5 Likes

For all those saying it, for once & for all ā€¦

HOOKER SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE BACK, ā€¦ NOR HURLEY FKN FORWARD!

End of story. Stupid runs thick after a loss I know,ā€¦ but that is beyond regular old stupid, and was definitely not an answer.

Me too today. I only got 4 days this week to go from elation to deflation.:disappointed:

3 Likes

We beat Gold Coast at Etihad last year. Though, fair point, havenā€™t got the best record there recently.

Open roof. We obviously canā€™t play football without the elements.

But only mild elements. If itā€™s too much, weā€™re buggered as well (i.e Carlton round 3).

1 Like

Park footballers

4 day break.

Now for the 6 day wake.

LOL.

Iā€™ll get my coat.

3 Likes

Players hit the wall?

Would need to be a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  big wall for our players to hit it.

Seriously we have the worst skills in the competition. Canā€™t kick or handpass, Canā€™t stick a tackle. Have to double grab just about every ball, canā€™t pick the ball up below knees.Canā€™t kick goals from 20m out.

11 Likes

Zerret is a gun but is he risking becoming a Cotchin collecting disposals in B50? Or heā€™s playing a link role b/c our half backs are doing their offensive job?

Really.
Melbourne not kicking straight?
Unfortunate that we played at our peak and have no room for improvement.

ā€¦

We should have been fifth on the ladder had it not been for two atrocious displays of football.

2 Likes

Was at the game and you could tell early that we were in for a long day, Was no movement from the first bounce and thatā€™s why we spent half the game going backwoods and side to side.
Never thought iā€™d be jealous of the western bulldogs but their team fight and scrap for every single possession.why donā€™t/wont we??
Mitch Brown and Zaka genuinely seem scared to receive physical contact. Was so much more exciting last year watching the kids have a crack.
On a positive Hurls super game and held his contested marks and Mcgrath just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  fantastic for a kid in his 6th game, what a future he has.

4 Likes

I blame bomberblitz. Keep training outside in wet weather they said. Too much training indoors they said.*

*runs for the hills.

9 Likes

Donā€™t worry. We have it on good authority that our #1 priority in the draft is to get ā€œjet midfieldersā€.

Mind you, that was the 2001 draftā€¦

BBers do say Dodoro plays the long game.

4 Likes

Maybe those are his instructions. Told to leave the grunt work to Jobe and Heppellā€¦which isnā€™t working too well for us either

Fair enough and he is still young, but we need him moving forward thru or past a contest so he can deliver forward rather than rushed kicks around the corner at the back of packs

Being harsh i know

Our skills were well below par today and when you are trying to execute high risk kicks into the corridor it quickly makes you look stupid.
Agree with most that even playing rubbish as we were, had JD kicked 4 by half time it could have been a different result.
The saving grace for me was being seated behind Darcy Parishs girlfriend. Wowsa! I think his mum may have been with her and I kid you not he has her exact hairdo!
Anyway the sky is falling and all of that stuff. On to next week.