Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

Should have tried to trade Zaharakis two years ago. Wouldn’t even get a second round compensation for him now.

5 Likes

Gees it was pure urine today !

Hmmm, I have been watching Bombers for a very long time and I have seen worse losses, but never so many players play so poorly. Hurley, Goddard, McGrath and Colyer were average, so was Joey except for his poor kicking. TBC, Raz and Walla tried hard, but the rest were very ordinary.

It wasn’t because Melbourne were good either, mostly they were rubbish as well.

I don’t know what to make of it.

3 Likes

No meltdown, this year was always going to be a healing year but you could mount a strong case the following (for different reasons) should not be on the list next year - below.

Zaharakis
Watson
Howlett
Hocking
Stanton
Gleeson
Dea
Kelly
Brown

You nailed it with this, Bacchus.

Even last year when we were totally outclassed due to WADA/AFL bastardry, at least we had a few players who could win their position, and most players actually put in like they could give a fark about their club and their professional reputation.

2 Likes

Not sure Boot said we were anything better than an ordinary side.
But you weep as if that’s how it is so that’s how it will always be.
We are CLEARLY transitioning from one group into the next and most of us would say that is for the better given what is pushing through.
The transition probably won’t happen as quickly as we would like. Sometimes we are better than ordinary. Sometimes just ordinary.

Tell me what Geelongs excuse would be today.
The pies, playing rubbish, on a very short break.
What do you make of collingwood today. Are they ordinary but improving, cos that sure as hell wasnt the story 5 days ago.

1 Like

Rebuild, we need to stop kidding ourselves.

2 Likes

Dea and Brown in the gun again. Surprise surprise. Reckon they both tried pretty hard.

2 Likes

All summer they planned for Hooker forward. I have zero issue with them persisting. The ball use was absolutely atrocious.

That said. I am not certain our game plan is much chop. Too often we try for cute passes. Or simply try to get a goal “over the back.”

We need a half forward that presents up at the ball. Fantasia does this at times. Daniher rucking throws the structure out too. I would get Francis back in and play him every ■■■■■■ week.

2 Likes

Daniher let the team down (he’s not the sole reason). With every miss in the second term what ever momentum Essendon generated was lost with each of his mountain of simple misses 30 meters out. It’s unforgivable really.

Then at the beginning of the third the Dees jumped the team which suggests they weren’t mentally prepared for the restart.

In the end Melbourne did what they wanted because there was no pressure on the ball carrier. And given how Collingwood took care of Geelong, the 5 day break is no excuse. Pretty disappointing effort from the team.

1 Like

So, do we take another mid in the draft or a KPP at pick 5?

Funny that.
I reckon Jobe needs to be ‘rested’ for a couple.
Zaka probably one more mediocre game from the same.
Also players like Bobcat and Hocking should be last resort fill ins if we are aiming to blood youngsters.
Ditto Bird and co if we are serious about development.
This year needs to be one where we ‘rotate’ and ‘rest’ players regularly all through the season, play around a little and take a look at some of the younger guys.

3 Likes

Was so hard to watch from the ground. Melbourne was atrocious today. They deserved to be beaten by 10 goals. The fact they put us to the sword is unbelievable. Our defensive match ups were shocking and our delivery to our forward line was terrible.

TBC got smashed by a team with no ruck and we missed target after target. We looked slow and unskilled which is terrible for a team who supposedly play a high pace high skill game plan.

4 Likes

You’re right about stupid runs thick.

Summed up my feelings.
Thought Melbourne were average today but before I knew it, we were 6 goals down

Just a very bad day at the office which will leave quite a few at the club scratching their heads

So far we’ve been beaten by Melbourne Carlton, what do you think it tell us ,we can’t even beat the ■■■■ team .we haven’t played any top 8 side yet ,we will get slaughtered

Just get Mutch, Begley, Stewart, Langford, Francis, and ■■■■■■ Jerrett in the team every ■■■■■■ week, if every kid we have is injured, then play Howlett, Watson, Stanton, Zaka (wow he really smells at the moment) and for ■■■■■ sake just build the team properly.

If they don’t think players like Gleeson or Long will make it move them the ■■■■ along, don’t hold them for 6 years.

Did you sleep through the Adelaide game?

16 Likes

The first half was some of the worst skills Ive seen at AFL level.
I can handle a loss but not when they make so many simple mistakes doing the most basic skills.

2 Likes

R4 vs norf in 2009. Both teams were a disgrace. Even norf were that crap they could barely finish us off.

1 Like