Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

I can’t in good conscience like any post about that game, but I agree.

2 Likes

All I see is the same Essendon that has plagued us for 15 years ■■■■■■■ sick of it.

7 Likes

I could just handle the Carlton game due to the conditions.

Today was absolutely disgraceful, completely rolled over once they got a run.

That side had a country league level ruckman and Jack ■■■■■■■ Watts

Hopefully we can also draft that classy half-back we’ve been waiting for also.

2 Likes

Hate to say it but Jobe is cooked
Zaka really disappointing
Gleeson is a spud
Hartley needs to play to help Hurls
Joe’s kicking cost us the game
Hooker is a back man
Tbell is useless
Walla needs to have a shot now and then instead of passing it off all the time
Some sort of strategy when kicking out after a behind would be handy
Irish will be a player but is exposed at this level at the moment
Midfield is so farking slow…but we all know that

I could go on but hey we looked ok 5 days ago lol

3 Likes

Just got home.
That was a shocking performance. Don’t know why their disposal - hand and foot - was so bad in the first half.
Will JD ever kick accurately? Had he done so in the first half, they could have been 5 goals ahead. I agree re Hooker to the backline, bring in Stewart. It’s just not working. I think it was a reality check for where they’re at. Not a top 8 side.

l have been calling for Zaka to be dropped since the end of R2, and l repeat the call. It won’t cure all our ills, but it is a decent place to start.

7 Likes

Crazy-Bomber great minds think alike.took the word out of my mouth,best post i have read in years

1 Like

I call bullshit on Mitch Brown being scared of contact, put his body on the line twice in the first qtr alone.

11 Likes

Always amazes me that so many people can watch the same game of footy and see it totally differently.

LOLs at the post about Darcs Mum… his whole family look very similar… except I think for Dad.

Bring on Freo :smile:

1 Like

thats debatable.

1 Like

Also dropped two critical marks when he was about to get hit.

Yep

But what does that mean for Kelly, Stanton, Jobe, howlett, Hocking etc

Anyone else reckon that Piggerd’s face was the inspiration for the V for Vendetta mask?

3 Likes

I think for one we missed the lead up option that Francis and Langford provided. And Ben Howlett was as good forward as he’s ever been forward. Back flanks got hemmed in a lot on their wrong sides. Disposal terrible all around.

Absolute ■■■■■■■■ all around.

1 Like

Yeah Benny Howlett has dined out for a longtime on a couple of games where he kicked a bag.

I’m not in the “seasons farked play the kids” camp but barring major injury concerns I don’t see the value in playing Benny.

3 Likes

I don’t mind him playing
This season has to be one where we’re rotating returning players and kids.
I mind very much him playing forward.

1 Like

Learn to type English Sir. PS You are a co ckhead

The buck always stops with the coach. I said it about sheedy, knights hird and now worsfold.
you can crap on about players not hitting targets, but who is ultimately picking them ?

who picked Irish ? after a poor showing in adelaide and then being rubbed out ?

who keeps playing zaka ? despite being soft and a front runner all year ?

Who picked bellchambers ? knowing melbourne had no rucks and would likely run him around, while also knowing our midfield has been the worst performed part of our side this year, so expecting him to get it to our advantage was a pipe dream.

Yes we had a 4 day break, we’ve had 6 months to plan for it. our coach himself said certain players had already hit a wall, so why would anyone you thought who had hit that, be playing today with a 4 day break ?

the simple fact is it was poorly planned and thought out how to act with the 4 day break. It had no contingencies for if and more than likely when ■■■■ it the fan like it did in the first half.
The coaches just expected them to come out and be switched on and ready and play, which there’s enough evidence out there to show they don’t do that.

if players hit their targets blah blah, maybe if the coach dropped the players who weren’t doing what they are expected to do, then when guys like coyler and zerrett have off days, it’s just a handful of players, not half the team from the get go.

6 Likes

Maybe if it was a four day break, your comments repeated ad nausea would have some merit. However since it was a five day break, they don’t.

1 Like