Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

Highlight for me was our #1st choice mids Heppell Zerrett and Shiel, there was a instance where we won the ball released to ham he dropped it and lost it Shiel won it again and we pressed forward.
Then next centre bounce we won it shiel fumbled it, zerrett toe poked it and Shiel ran away with it again.

Shiel and Merrett and Heppell have already built up that cohesion you would think they have been playing together for years.

Shiels breakaway pace is great from the square.
Heppell and zerrett able to win ball in close and release it to shiel.

I know north are only a rabble but it was good to see our mids playing so well together.

Litmus test will be the pies and Iā€™m looking forward to it, will need Zaharakis and Smith in there as well.

If our mids can stand up to pies we are a chance. As defence is looking great.

4 Likes

Before he even got the ball in the pocket I knew heā€™d kick that one.

1 Like

Lol Norf. The tin rattling throughout the day must have put the players off.

Last three weeks we have gotten off to good starts and played well from the beginning. Melbourne did take the lead in the 2nd qtr, but we then went away with it in the 3rd. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how it pans out against Collingwood. Does it click for us and we have one of those days or if we fall behind at the start do we have the ability to work back into it?

The players look to be a genuine confidence. Not arrogance but confidence. That crap start against GSW probably embarrassed them and was a big reality check. Plus this change in mindset to play instinctively has brought a lot of assuredness to their ball handling. They should be excited about the season ahead as they have a shot to be in the mix.

4 Likes

Would you think about dropping Bags and keeping Ham?

That was really enjoyable. Got out to a lead and then built on it. Never let them back in it

1 Like

Just woke up (in Toronto) and getting through the game now. Mason Redman has had two kicks into the F50 that even the likes of Aker/Mercuri/Bewick would be proud of.

Very impressive

18 Likes

Really liked how much Guelfi cracked in, played really impressively today.

13 Likes

Ham was ok and ran well.
Will the experienced bigger bodies of the pies knock him around, Iā€™m not sure.

As everyone said changes most likely are
Out Ham, Baguley
InSmith, Zaharakis

If Ham could lay a tackle I would be happy to keep him in.
For now probably not.

I would actually like to see the following

Out: Ham, Guelfi, Baguley
In: Zaharakis, Smith, Mosquito

Add more X factor with Mozzie to debut Anzac Day in Baguley spot.
We might need more x factor with Tippa a bit banged up too.

As commentators said young players come in and done well off the bat.

Would keep Ham a emergency.

Playing with great spirit again now, itā€™s awesome.

Gee Iā€™m already excited for the ANZAC Day game now. Woosha stated that he is almost certain that both Smith and Zaka will be available and Tippaā€™s corky isnā€™t a worry.

We will have our strongest side on paper all year next week.

No excuses from a personnel perspective. McKernan the only player unavailable who would possibly be in our best team but even that is debatable with Daniher back and Brown playing well.

Please. We are far. king. due.

4 Likes

Reckon Mozzieā€™s any bigger than Ham?

Do we reckon Daniher will play off a six day break? Youā€™d think so, but they clearly had a plan and threw it out at the last minute so who knows?

From the mouths of babies ā€¦

My 10 year old girl ā€¦

ā€œHey Number 3 (Jed Anderson) shouldnā€™t you be playing in the AFLW?ā€

The AFL PC Police will come after her :kissing:

17 Likes

Ham is a winger. With pace to burn.
Mozzie is a small forward. So is Baguley.

If Zaka and Smith are playing next week underdone then Ham would be good in the forwardline as he could provide some midfield run as well as playing up forward. If they are 100% I would love to see a Mosquito debut, yes he probably isnā€™t that great a tackle either, maybe better than ham? Maybe training /vfl watcher could advise.

Did not put them away. Collingwood vs Brisbane was a great example of what teams should do at the end of a smashing. We found the cue and the rack.

Oh and great stuff team. Loved the win. Positive %
Sheil yet to goal.
We have won at Marvel.

1 Like

Iā€™d drop them both and bring back Smith & Zaharakis, then play Guelfi as a the small pressure forward role in place of Bags.

6 Likes

Iā€™d put Irish on de Goeyā€¦

1 Like

Joeyā€™s goal from the half back line was amazing too

5 Likes

Collingwood won by 62 points, we won by 58. Both teams won their final quarter by 5 points.

I reckon we did enough, just quietly.

22 Likes

Would get smashed 1 on 1. Probably need Ambrose on him with hooker or Hurley sitting in front