Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

All that money spent on Jared Polec, the most North Melbourne player to ever North Melbourne.

The AFL is a much better competition when they are genuinely ■■■■. Can’t stand them, so today was freaking sweet!

2 Likes

please, pittard gives him a fair run for the title.

3 Likes

I would love Francis back in the team but Ridley and Redman are playing well. They deliver the ball by foot off HB perfectly which mixes it up for us, not relying solely on McKenna and Saad to run it out

1 Like

Yep. My word it’s a tough one!
Injuries may be the only thing that makes a major swap-out.

You can rotate through the mids like we did with Zaka, Smith, Guelfi but you cant do that with the back 6

15 Likes

That’s right - and you already have Oirish ranging up the wing.

Watching the replay. 1st quarter, that piece of ■■■■ Cunnington drops his knees into the back of McGrath’s head when he’s on the ground.

5 Likes

All the umpire said was “No knees please” or something to that effect. Weak as ■■■■ officiating.

4 Likes

First team this year to score 110+ in 3 consecutive games

19 Likes

If the crowd had come for North, I’d say they were faking it.

They would have been thinking about us.

3 Likes

Shudder indeed

Press conference after the game is worth a watch for the two kids. Well spoken to those kids. Parents should be very proud.

9 Likes

Was sitting on the top deck and i kept mistaking him for a girl with that hairstyle

1 Like

The ■■■■■■■ sliding rule is an absolute disgrace if applied the way it was today.

And I’ve seen players run further than Shiel, but that change of direction seems to trigger something in the umpires.

2 Likes

Missed most of last half long story. Interested in how Bags went. Given the plethora of choices we now have up for selection I’m imagining with the emergence of Ham and soon Gleeson plus Guelfi’s return to form Bags is in the firing line.
Thoughts?

I’m probably in the minority but I feel he gives us something unique up forward. Was very competitive in the second half. I’m not sure there’s a ready made replacement and I’d hate to see the balance altered when it’s working so well.

11 Likes

Let’s hope our recruiting team took note for future drafts. Shiel’s performance today just demonstrated to me how important it is draft actual midfielders, rather than someone who may develop into one.

1 Like

I shudder enough as it is.

2 Likes

There was a moment in the 2nd where all at once the penny seemed to drop in the commentary box about our midfield. It was like they suddenly realised that we had 3 all Australian gun mids in there absolutely destroying the opposition. Then they realised we had Smith and Zaharakis to come back in. You could hear the gears turning in their minds, this Midfield actually could give Collingwood’s a run for it’s money.

It could too. Fark I hope we show up Anzac Day.

There was a moment today where we looked completely unstoppable but couldn’t sustain it. We were only a few fumbles and missed handballs off really embarrassing norf in the 3rd though. There is still improvement to come from this midfield group.

I think we’re going to have some blow outs this year where middling sides just simply can’t go with us.

28 Likes