Review: West Coast

Another showing like that, next Thursday, and it’s…

“JOHN WORSFOLD”

Mcmahon%20fired

1 Like

generally yes that’s how many you need.

but for argument sake say it is 12 wins is all you need.

we play 5 sides that are above us out of the 10 and the rest of my points still stand.

what makes you or anything think that the issues the club has continued to struggle under for 15 plus years, magically gets fixed in the next 10 weeks ?

Surely McGovern gets a suspension for that push on Guelfi. Anybody disagree?

Think I my take up smoking weed again this is doing my head in, just can’t work it out

2 Likes

Was not saying we should make it. Was just saying that 12 wins will probably get you in. I agree with what you are saying about making it and getting pumped though.

Is finished and plays like he is mentally scared and fatigued

Woosha may well get the boot but tonight wasn’t his fault. Our better players are so inconsistent. Whoever takes over from Woosha will have a lot of work to do to make us competitive against the best.

1 Like

Agree, however Darling getting kicks working hard to a back flank aren’t super damaging.

I just think Ambrose deserved a crack at the best forward. If he breaks even then you can really free up both Hooks and Hurls and that’s when we are at our best.

1 Like

Wrong.

Hurley has been very good this year. One commentator said even All Aust contention. Whilst I doubt that part, he had been good. Beaten by a player at the peak of his talent.

I doubt Hurley will get beaten that badly again this season.

Considering the sheer volume of ball coming into the def 50 he did better than ok.

Because I think our list is in far better shape than it has been for years. Youngsters are coming good and I think Saad, Smith, Stringer and Shiels are going to make a big difference for the next few years. I can see us on the up again.

The last time I felt this good about the list was under Hird’s first couple of years.

1 Like

By a guy that was sick as a dog all week. Imagine if Kennedy was fully fit?

3 Likes

Midfield was pressured by a faster/agile opposition, and just devolved into ring-a-rosy handball chains under pressure:

• Heppell had 30 possessions for 60m gained.
  • McGrath only does short possessions.
  • Clarke can only do handballs.
  • Shiel has not delivered any breakaway explosiveness (not even sure this guy is worth one first rounder)
  • Parish loves a short handball.
  • Langford had a low-intensity game again.

Meanwhile, these guys are all so slow off the mark, or small, that they struggled to bring down an opposition midfielder who just takes the ball and runs with it.

Sooo…I don’t know…perhaps we need to throw Redman in the middle. ie. someone with the courage to take on a tackle, run a bit with it and deliver…maybe Mckenna too…

Finally, a call that could incite outrage: I still wouldn’t be shocked to see Dylan Clarke delisted at the end of the year.

1 Like

Imagine if our midfield struck even?

Outcoached
Outplayed
Outrun

Miles off it

1 Like

Lav and Begs were the best part of the night. Aside from that horrible. Saad and Fantasia would have learned a lot out of what they faced. Saad probably copped a forward tag for the first time in his career. Last year in the corresponding fixture he was arguably BOG so I was not surprised at all, just 12 touches. And Raz one handball to half-time, finishes with just 6 disposals. He needs to work harder and get up the field more when he’s being sat on like that, and the coach needs to identify when this is happening and try something to free him up. Walla ineffectual again. He has too many games where he is completely anonymous. A dirty night and one that could’ve been a lot worse.

5 Likes

For a team that had supposedly worked on full ground defense we were no where tonight

They won the ball from defence or midfield and just Chinese checkered their way down the field with ease.

Absolute disgraceful effort from our midfield tonight. They put the defence under the pump and they starved our fwd line of opportunity

So so disappointing

8 Likes

When TBell broke even & was able to palm to our mids we did well, especially early. Got me we are on here.

When he fell away, we got crushed.

Must get a very higher quality replacement for TBell ASAP.

Would Ryder want to come back to Bombers land for a few years? I hear he is 2nd fiddle these days,

He has been talked about as being in contention to make the all Australian squad. Not sure if they are right but it is coming from so called experts who are not Essendon supporters so maybe they see things different than us.

Yes on paper everything looks rosy.
Pity that games have to be played and won through hard work!,

1 Like

Was at the game, Hurley looked like the slowest player in the ground and he lacked effort. Not as good as last week.

Back 6 looked constantly flustered. Thought redman was the only player who kept us together.

Hooker took 15 marks but dropped about 8 which was out of character

1 Like