Richardson & Rutten

1 Like

And didn’t we laugh at them when they did. Sigh.

It’s incredibly silly so it surprises me that you can’t see its tongue in cheek.

I didn’t.

I hope so

Richmond had achieved stuff we could only hope of prior to that.

By the end of 15, they had finished 5th, 8th, 5th over the previous 3 years. Their tilt was coming - ability was clearly there however yes, they still made hard calls and new to get into that next bracket needed to change.

Sure, they may have dropped, but they obviously had more of a plan than the wider footy public understood who simply overlooked a team coming 5th twice in 3 years, and finals 3 years in a row.

When was the last time we achieved anything close to this?

It is.

I will use the appropriate font next time.

1 Like

Richardson has been the head of the footy department for 15 months, how long does one get in the highest ranking footy role in the club before you’re allowed to ask a question about their performance?

In those 15 months we have seen the club go from playing finals on the rise with a super impressive young list, to abject failure last season, and a thoroughly uninspiring start to this season.

Speculation… or fact?

Impressive young list where it was the end for Watson, Stanton, Bird, Hocking and Howlett plus last year with injuries to JD, Gleeson and a fair chunk of Raz. Also missing 40 goals from Hooker going to the backline. I’d say it’s a bit early to judge his performance yet.

But yes, round 1 was ugly.

This is true. About 18 months of ‘sack Hardwick’, board challenges etc.

Yeah, but we’re aiming to be the most “inclusive” and we really care about each other.

1 Like

[quote=“Killer_Mike, post:24, topic:15355”]i
think Rutten would be questioning whether hes made the right move.
[/quote]

Someone gave him a Blitz login?

1 Like

Richmond are winless in the post Rutten era.

Richmond won last week

1 Like

Mate - when you play Carlton everyone loses.

4 Likes

Fair call. Cant count that one.

Why don’t we hear from Ben Rutten on the From the Coach email? He’s the one who apparently has been responsible for changing our game plan. So perhaps he could explain why our attacking, fast-running, through the corridor game plan that won us a lot of games last year has completely disappeared and instead we have defensive, flat-footed, slow football.

Our attacking, take-the-game-on style was the best thing we had going for us. Is Rutten the genius who decided it had to go?

3 Likes

Because hes not a line coach. If we heard from the development coaches too those vids would go for ages

There’s no law that says only line coaches can appear on those videos. I’d like to hear him explain what he’s done that’s new. Because whatever it is doesn’t seem to be working. Supposedly there’s some new system, but from the stands there doesn’t seem to be any system at all, new or old.

1 Like

No theres no law but that seems to be how they do it