Richmond def Essington Turnoverfest at the G: Review Thread

LOL. Some people need to settle down.

We were cocky. we came up against a team that were a running joke all week. They were always going to come out breathing fire and set their sights on us.

We are an inconsistent team. Have been for many years. We cannot back up more than 2 wins in a row. Mentally fragile.

Cotchin - the jumper doesn’t fit - just like the Brownlow.

18 Likes

What a terrible, terrible game. Made bad decisions the whole way through. Absolutely furious at that performance. Undoes everything we did the last 2 weeks.

When Dustin Martin ran past 4 of our players 5 metres in front of goal to get a ball, turn around and kick it over their heads I knew we were done, so much standing still reactive play from us

We should of handballed more. If we did we would of won. That seemed to be the game plan tonight anyway

1 Like

I thought they zoned very well, blocked up the corridor, didn’t allow us any run at all, and forced us into low percentage kicks.

Obviously there were unforced turnovers on top that compounded it, but I thought they played us well.

15 Likes

“Tommy time” Bomber Thompson used to call it. Will kick a bag next week standing still in a VFL goal square.

I thought we were ok
Richmond have been blowing teams away - then losing it in the last quarter
we managed to stay with them most of the night
yes there were heaps of errors - but we are a work in progress

I’ve seen us play much worse than that
Where were you all last year

5 Likes

Conceded 3 million inside 50’s. This isnt a few poor players, the entire unit got outpressured, outpositioned and when not pressured still butchered the footy too often.

Just A bad night as a team.

12 Likes

See what disappoints me the most is that that was a Richmond side that was mentally ■■■■■■. We kicked the first three goals and should have proceeded to belt them.

5 Likes

People overreacting a little.

5 Likes

Thought we’d won it after tye first 3 goals.

1 Like

The Bellchambers hate is interesting.

He smashed Nankervis and gave our mids plenty of opportunity, it’s just that they were absolute pi55 tonight.

19 Likes

Disagree. Richmond weren’t that good and a team better than us would have taken advantage of the opportunities they gave us, which would have caused them to lose confidence. The fact that we kept turning it over meant they were happy to try and take the game on leading to plenty of inside 50’s for them. Richmond were OK but we had so many stupid players out there tonight.

Outplayed on the night. They blocked the corridor and we couldn’t find outside run. Our backline was good and our forwards were ok. Our mids were slaughtered

14 Likes

See I couldn’t disagree more about Belly. Had a decent first quarter where he took 3 marks and then disappeared completely. Was near useless in the last half. If he wants an AFL career he needs to be doing that first quarter effort for the whole 4 quarters.
Swear to god bellys hands on Looney would be the best ruck in the afl

Once again we’ve proven that when a team comes up against us and actually plays we don’t have answers.

We continue to get smashed in the inside 50s which for mine shows we don’t have enough midified talent, or two-way running from small forwards.

They had 30 more inside 50s. To really compound that, and show that they wanted to win and we didn’t, is the forward 50 tackle count. They laid 23, we laid 4. The only reason it wasn’t a six goal drubbing was their innacuracy.

3 Likes

Saw most of the second half on tv & that was our worst skills performance for the year. No method bringing ball out of defence & long bomb into 50 was seemingly back en vogue. Dumbest thing ever to do with a zoning defender like Rance back there. No wonder Raz, Walla, Hooker had their worst games for the season. Very disappointing performance considering we could’ve put ourselves on top 4 doorstep.

4 Likes

I prefer the 2014 version

1 of the most frustrating loses of the season.
I hatem.