Richmond def Essington Turnoverfest at the G: Review Thread

So was the don’t argue on TIPPA illegal?

12 point decision if so.

Not getting the Belly hate. Smashed Nankervis in the ruck. I’d be looking at a lot of others before think belly was the worst on ground.

11 Likes

Have to admit, on a night like this, a player with Dusty’s skill running around the wing, would have been handy.

Ummm because we kept handballing to their mids maybe

1 Like

No way. Our turnovers lost us that game and just in general too many did fk all. Hooker, green, raz, walla didn’t get near it, that’s basically put forward line. Joe barely saw it in the second half and Stewart was garbage. We played like we always do after a few decent wins. Millionaires who are a good side and just expect everything to fall our way. Our effort was way down tonight

1 Like

Im going to put on my recording if last weeks game

3 Likes

No, it was ok.

2 Likes

Woosha has had a couple of good weeks but deserves criticism tonight. Was out coached by that clown Hardwick. Richmond did their homework on us and it’s clear we didn’t do ours.

5 Likes

Fanta when he went quiet…sitting in the wing picking something…something.

Bellchambers gave them first use. Was slow and undisciplined (free kicks). Missed a lot if bounces due to his lethargic effort.

1 Like

Agree we need more in the middle, however the reason they had so many repeat inside 50’s was because we kept butchering the ball coming out. If we hit those targets then we have a different game.

1 Like

What won games last few weeks for us was lots of tackles especially in our fwd50. The tables were turned this week and we were beaten 23 to 4 for tackles in fwd50

7 Likes

You’re a real enigma IceTemple. There’s some people on this site that absolutely despise you and I personally don’t understand why as I find most of your posts pretty measured.

Wasn’t our worst but doesn’t play next week

What did we learn:

Tbell was much better this match but he still isn’t a good ruck. We look much better with Leuy in the side.

Tippa is human after all. His worst game at senior level and was very costly on a big stage. Needs to respond next week.

Hooker either needs a rest or he has to go back. The guy is an All Australian defender and he looks as useless as Jay Nagel post de-listing.

We miss Ambrose

The commentators are awful. I’m going to every game in Melbourne just to avoid listening to these flogs talk.

Forget the deliberate call, the umps ■■■■■■ us a lot harder for the whole game. Costly decisions at important parts of the game.

We are better than Richmond. Get these ■■■■■ in a final and we will hurt them.

1 Like

That high tackle…how in the world do we not get push in the back, high tackles, and holding the ball whereas they got them all.

3 Likes

Luey would have helped, but there were a lot of mistakes.
Didnt really look very confident in the last quarter.

there were 62 turnovers at the start of the last qtr, I’m pretty sure from memory that doesn’t count if you kick it to say a marking contest and the opposition take it away, and situations like that.

Like i said there were plently of chances for us to slive through the richmond defence and go from coast to coast.

last 2 weeks they hit those targets. this week they didn’t.
If we played like that the last 2 weeks we wouldn’t have won
if we played like the last 2 weeks tonight we would have.

you just can’t make that many mistakes.

Yes richmond set up well, but you look at the first qtr and zaka ignoring all other options to try and pinpoint a pass to coyler with 2 guys on him. Yes richmond set up well, but you pick stupid decisions like that, or miss targets 62 plus times in a match, you can’t expect to win.

1 Like

After butchering the possession the lack of fwd pressure was telling. I’ll forgive Raz and Tippa for one bad game

Anyone have a turnover count??