Richmond def Essington Turnoverfest at the G: Review Thread

You’re like a broken record on this, we lose and you blame Woosha. Not Wooshas fault at all. We had a plan but we couldn’t hit the side of a barn to save ourselves. Take away those butchered balls and we are talking a different game altogether.

5 Likes

Emotionally taxing having to be poster boy for tonight. That would take an absolute toll with the amount of media appearances required.

2 Likes

They really exploited Green’s lack of repeat chases, be interesting if teams continue on with that. GWS with Wilson, Williams and Shaw hard run off half back it may become a real issue.

The only time we kicked straight was at goal

I’m ■■■■■■■ fuming. That was such a ■■■■ off.

3 Likes

Thought it was the worst 35 touch game I’ve seen. Absolutely torched it going inside 50 and picked the wrong options all night. Simply needs to be more damaging than that given the space they gave him

9 Likes

They despise me because I talk back to them instead of quietly going away and letting them say whatever they want.

1 Like

I get that we like to play corridor footy, bud we continually try and force it in there, sometimes just play the percentages, draw the opposition players out, then go inside. It’s just too ■■■■■■ predictable.

3 Likes

Backs held up reasonably well.

Got absolutely fkg smashed in the guts. Couldn’t get out of their setup.

Geez our older guys look painfully slow at times.

That was full Essington mode tonight, FFS

if we’d brought the forward pressure of last week we would have won, we brought 0 forward pressure this game

The tigers really didn’t win it, we lost it by being unable to handle their pressure, and putting absolutely 0 on them

Walla never got into enough space to run and carry.
Both made bad decisions especially Raz’s run and kick inside 50. Walla was all by himself.

1 Like

Yeah, not going to pot him because he had plenty of company but I wouldn’t called it a good game. So many poor decisions.

1 Like

This loss sucks

Can jump up and down about our fwds but it’s not their fault we were absolutely woeful at transitioning ball down there effectively.

The skills and decision making of our midfield and coming out of defence was deplorable.

Rich 71 to Ess 42-- inside 50’s

Frankly we were lucky to be even in the game at all

4 Likes

6 losses in a row to this steamy ■■■■ of a club.

5 Likes

Gee that was a poor performance we should have been smashed. Any chance worsfold could have made a move when we were getting flogged from 5 min into the first quarter, or was he just hoping they’d keep missing all night.

2 Likes

BTW, you thought our game was bad, Free lost by 100 points to the Crows.

1 Like

Anyone who doesn’t reckon we need or doesnt want Martin are completely ■■■■■■ in the head.
He made us look ■■■■ weak at times.

3 Likes

Remember when Rosso ruined your weekend with a post.

I am so glad I didn’t go to watch this game live. The last two I went to were against Carlton and against Melbourne. Both losses.
I reckon I would have flogged someone at the G tonight. Especially one of those Richmond flogs carrying on about deliberate rushed behinds - The decision prior to half time, was clear as day deliberate. End of story. God they’re a bunch of sooky ■■■■■■!

Tough contest, but terrible to watch. Turn over after turn over after turn over. The game was predominantly played in the Tigers forward line which is so damn frustrating. Thank the lord for Michael Hurley and Andrew McGrath!
Speaking of Andy McGrath, take a bow young man. You sir are an absolute gun. Rising Star is done and dusted this year, Andy’s your man.

I thought Goddard played a cracking first half. Zaharakis racked up the possessions, but I just feel there were occasions where he could have used the ball much better and it seemed to happen at crucial moments.
Merrett was everywhere (again), played well. Watson had a few brain fades but was ok.
Parish tried hard.
I feel like Kelly did some good things, some good clearances when we needed it.
Bellchambers, god damn he frustrates me. Ok in patches, got a lot of taps, but the work rate is just not there. Does he still wanna play footy or just make the bank balance healthy?
Tippa didn’t have a great game. A lot of attention through the week, it would put a lot of expectation on his shoulders, and tire him mentally. He will bounce back and deserves to.
Hooker was terrible. I’d even go so far as to say he cost us the match.
Missed a crucial mark early in the third I think it was, which swung the momentum back the other was with a turnover.
He then missed a crucial shot on goal which we needed.
Stewart tried hard. But just looked so nervous at times. Hesitated a little too much and didn’t back himself.

We definitely had the jitters tonight.
It seems like when it really matters, we melt.
Tonight we had a chance to cement ourselves in the 8, and snap a 5 games losing streak to tigers, as well as a 3 year statistic of actually WINNING 3 games straight.
But nope. We melt.
Good teams find a way to win. I know we are going to be up and down. But it’s frustrating as a supporter. Our list in my opinion is in good shape. But we need to turn up EACH AND EVERY WEEK. Not when we feel like it.

I’m dirty tonight. So ■■■■■■ off. But I’ll be over it tomorrow.

And ■■■■ Rance. If I have to hear that wankers name one more time I’ll go insane. Hurley is everything Rance is and more, so how bout Richo and co go ■■■■■■■■■ over someone decent, not an overrated flog like Rance.

Over and out.

12 Likes