Round 1 Dons V Suns 26th March 3:30pm(Qld time) - Metricon Stadium

Bombers at $4.25 - might pop a lazy pineapple on that. Yes, you read correctly.

Well it is not impossible. We know O’Meara and Swallow are not playing and Prestia in real doubt. Ablett hasn’t played yet so the midfield is weakened. I would put Crowley on Hall to make it just Ablett damaging us which he will probably do anyway.

Also, Dixon & Bennell are gone and they are top end talent with no obvious replacements at this point (not at least that can play to the same level).

If they bring in both Ablett & Prestia then that is two underdone midfielders with no game time behind them being brought in with a cap on interchanges in place…I’m betting it won’t happen and only one will be brought in as you can’t afford to carry in two underdone midfielders (even one is going to push it).

Predict win by 2 - 3 goals, Yabletts underdone & they are young & dumb, & will underestimate us thinking we’re easybeats.

May change my call if the weather is hot, stifling, & suiting their acclimatisation.

Predict win by 2 - 3 goals, Yabletts underdone & they are young & dumb, & will underestimate us thinking we're easybeats.

May change my call if the weather is hot, stifling, & suiting their acclimatisation.

Top of 27 or 28, from a couple sources.

Ablett underdone is still better than any midfielder we’ll be fielding. Is that sacrilegious?

Bombers at $4.25 - might pop a lazy pineapple on that. Yes, you read correctly.

Well it is not impossible. We know O’Meara and Swallow are not playing and Prestia in real doubt. Ablett hasn’t played yet so the midfield is weakened. I would put Crowley on Hall to make it just Ablett damaging us which he will probably do anyway.

Also, Dixon & Bennell are gone and they are top end talent with no obvious replacements at this point (not at least that can play to the same level).

If they bring in both Ablett & Prestia then that is two underdone midfielders with no game time behind them being brought in with a cap on interchanges in place…I’m betting it won’t happen and only one will be brought in as you can’t afford to carry in two underdone midfielders (even one is going to push it).

Ablett and Prestia underdone will still be the 2 best midfielders on the ground. They play.

We should be throwing big money at Prestia.

Ablett underdone is still better than any midfielder we'll be fielding. Is that sacrilegious?
Probably, but doesn't make it less accurate. Ablett is a 'once in a lifetime' talent, and yep him underdone is still probably better than 80% of the players in the AFL.

Unknown appears to have unknown opinions as well as unknown identity.

Ablett underdone is still better than any midfielder we'll be fielding. Is that sacrilegious?
Probably, but doesn't make it less accurate. Ablett is a 'once in a lifetime' talent, and yep him underdone is still probably better than 80% of the players in the AFL.

A story in the Hun quoted Ablett as saying he would spend time forward this year. This will be happening a lot with lots of good mids, as they “rest in the forward pocket” just like the old days .

Baggers is going to be very busy from round 1 as a lockdown small defender. Either that or Crowls/Bird will have to follow these mids down to the backline . Either way the handoff between our tagger(s), and defenders like Baguley will need to be carefully managed.

Am I right in thinking there is a "meet and greet " function for supporters on at metricon at the us v GCS game apart from the expensive “Bomber Lounge - Gold Coast function”?

B: Baguley Hartley Ambrose
HB: Dea Gwilt Kelly
C: Simpkin Goddard Fantasia
HF: Bird Daniher Crowley
F: Stokes Grimley Cooney

Foll: Leuenberger Zaharakis Z. Merrett

Inter: Gleeson Parish Tippa McKernan

Emerg: McKenna Langford Brown

Dont rate Brown?

We should be throwing big money at Prestia.
And when he goes to pick it up we kick goals because he's distracted......I like your thinking.
B: Baguley Hartley Ambrose HB: Dea Gwilt Kelly C: Simpkin Goddard Fantasia HF: Bird Daniher Crowley F: Stokes Grimley Cooney

No Laverde

B: Baguley Hartley Ambrose HB: Dea Gwilt Kelly C: Simpkin Goddard Fantasia HF: Bird Daniher Crowley F: Stokes Grimley Cooney

No Laverde

Still too green?

Am I right in thinking there is a "meet and greet " function for supporters on at metricon at the us v GCS game apart from the expensive "Bomber Lounge - Gold Coast function"?

The cost of the tickets for the Bomber Lounge thing isn’t the main price.
I got mine in the mail today.
The main price is having to wear the supplied lanyard or be refused admittance

Am I right in thinking there is a "meet and greet " function for supporters on at metricon at the us v GCS game apart from the expensive "Bomber Lounge - Gold Coast function"?

That is seriously insulting. Or else a really big ■■■■ up.

Yep. It’s a tad insulting.
But good on 'em.
I’d hope we would do the same thing

Yep. It’s a tad insulting.
But good on 'em.
I’d hope we would do the same thing

Are you sure it’s for the right function? You wouldn’t want to end up with GCS supporters…