Round 15 v Brisbane build-up - We must destroy them

Taking $8 for a Brisbane win is the best value you’ll find. Genuine 50% chance of full-blown Essington.

4 Likes

More chance of being beaten to death by an Emperor Penguin.

Relax.
We’ll be switched on, and angry.
Convincing win coming up.
Not even slightly worried !

2 Likes

Don’t care if we win by a point. Just a win will be fine, with Joey taking mark of the decade to become the gif that keeps on giving.

1 Like

I agree with others. Just a win will do. If we can keep chalking them up then I’ll worry more about our performances and form towards the end of the season when it really counts.

What I would like to see come out of the game is a strong showing from our midfield against Martin, Rockliff, Zorko etc. I’d love to see Hepp hit some form and a few others rotated through the mids to relieve Goddard and Watson. We need to begin the transition now IMV. Give McGrath Conor, Tippa, Fantasia and Colyer a run through the middle and I’d be happy.

Jeese

I’ve been reluctant to use that term but it is popping up here and there. I understand it to be the guy that just runs through the stoppage hoping for a handball from an inside mid without regard for his defensive position

Well stuff that. Let’s call them “seagulls” from this day forth. Those who are looking to pick up the chips with no other thoughts.

3 Likes

I’m sure I’ve heard people refer to players getting cheap outside possessions as seagulls somewhere. Mind you, this is Australia, so I’m sure every noun has been used to describe a player/type of player by someone at some point.

1 Like

:weary:

1 Like

Feeling a Port Adelaide in 2011 at Etihad type win…worried

Don’t say that.

As long as Eric Hip-wouldn’t.

1 Like

This has sh-t win written all over it.

2 Likes

Beats a Sh-t loss any day.

6 Likes

This game will say a lot about where this club is at. If it’s where I hope it’s at it will be an all out bloodbath the first two quarters then coasting home to the end winning by about 40 to 60 points.

this is going by what the players and Woosha has told us, and from our last 5 or so games there is a show of definite improvement across the team.

2 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Stadium 1/3 full, Essendon win but kick less than 9 goals, that sort of win?

2 Likes

The Lions do not have a dominant forward, but rely on a spread of goal kickers.

Hipwood and Zorko are the main goal kickers, but average less than 1.4 per game. Zorko is dangerous when he goes forward and has kicked 3 quite often. He could be a good job for Pidge. Baggers could take the second best small forward. He runs off and intercepts / intercept marks really well. Harts is playing better than at the beginning of the year and should be able to hold Hipwood to less than 2 goals.

I would like to see McGrath run with the ball more. At present we rely on Conor to run off half back, but when we form a zone, McGrath ought to be able to do this as well.

The closest thing we’ve had to a sh*t win this year, was the last time we played Brisbane.

And any win that ORAZIO kicks 5 isn’t a sh*t win.

Woosha’s Bombers don’t do sh*t wins.

1 Like

The importance of this game cannot be underestimated. We need the win, but more so we need a big percentage boost. I have no doubt that percentage will determine the last 2-3 positions in the 8. This will give us the edge over others.