Round 16 Non Essendon Games. Return of the Nuggs

Nah.

1 Like

I’m kinda hoping that Trav sorta has a late career resurgence and lifts his game like Kane Lambert has

Bloke had a good 2nd half of 2015 and then the ban hammer came

Hoping he gets back to that level

We should be throwing the cheque book at Caracella he will come up with a stradegty to beat Richmond

Bryce Gibbs…once the best young footballer in the land…gets drafted to the worst team in the land… finally gets traded to a premiership runner up…just as they need to start a multi-year rebuild.

You just can’t outspread Richmond on the transition unless you are prepared to play Super high risk. Sort of trying to go quick and spread the field just plays into their hands.

I’m convinced you have to try and overload one side of the field against them and do everything you can to stop the third and fourth guy to a contest be a tiger.

You dont want us to beat Collingwood? That’s a bit strange

Geez going to love GF day when either Richmond or Collingwood are singing their theme song

Now all eyes on Dogs v Hawks.

Will be huge if Doggies can roll them…

3 Likes

Still working on my sarcastica font.

the showed on the sunday footy show i think it was after our game with them, the richmond players stay on the boundary side on the switch, almost like they were the ones running to get the overlap.
saw i again tonight, was interesting to watch.

They also set up with the 2 rows of players like 20 and 40 meters down the like, esp through the middle.

alot of it comes down to arsey flukey stuff when they just keep moving the ball forward, but geez they set up well and defensively and tactically.

I guess sundays game will be interesting to see if our new found run and gun while defending better would work against a team that is mini richmond essentially.
if it works against collingwood i’ll be very intrigued to see how the last round goes.

but i agree, i think you need to have a very set plan to richmond, flooding one side may work, but the key is the pressure and not letting it get to you as much.
adelaide where just blind kicking like essendon usual do from defence. if you’re going to do that, you need to be specific about where you kick it and have numbers there at all times.

3 Likes

Listen, mate.

Diggums

Tigers are slick. Gonna take something special to knock them off unfortunately. I’m optimistic we could do it on our day, getting all the planets aligned but don’t think it’ll be at pointy end of finals unfortunately. Maybe we take the crown in 2019?

I think ch7 said Tigers have 7 players who are 27 they play a taxing style it will catch up to them in a year or 2.

1 Like

Atleast we are Essendon loving morons.
I don’t bat for any other team.
Richmond have umpires in their pockets!

Some Richmond’s kicking is less than 15, umpires reward a mark. Richmond players throw the ball quite alot. Rance is laughable. He takes possession of the ball sees there is no other Richmond player insight fumbles the football to make an accidental oob. If it was a ■■■■■■■ pokemon he would catch it and hatch it! Best in the comp some would say hey?

Not 1 player for the Crows ran and carried like McKenna and Saad. Richmond would ■■■■ their pants when we clean Em up next.
Like alot of youse who liked the WCE game!

1 Like

Blitz Users Guide.
4.1 How to post in a Blitz game thread.
Watch game on tele, see something of note in the game, put down beer, post an extrapolated generalised comment about the probable fate of the universe, seagulls, pelicans or chips, finish the beer and open another.
Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

You missed the most important step: switch off brain.

3 Likes