Round 2 vs Collingwood @ Windy Hill - 1pm Sunday 23rd April

Inside 50 efficiency (scores per entry): 48% to 24%
Accuracy rate: 64% to 38%

Many of the team stats, frees aside, were pretty even, but the above tells you who knew what they were doing out there…

2 Likes

white maggots

1 Like

Move to 4th on the ladder with a healthy 164%

6 Likes

Stewart should be in your 1st group, I reckon.

He’s not a midfielder :wink:

Hahahahaha… how did I miss that. I’m an idiot.

4 Likes

11 tackles

1 Like

Is there a replay up?

YouTube link, not sure if there are more official ones.

I actually think Mutch’s game would initially transition very easily into AFL. He could play a similar role to Stanton’s now and perform well imo. Natural player.

The key is whether we can develop him to have a similar inside game to Myers on top of being able to run between the arcs like Stants. He is ready. Just probably not best 22 just yet but is definitely the kind of player that would get 25 possessions on debut and get the rising star nomination…

11 for Langford?!

I think TBC will come in against the Dees, and hope he does well, not sure he had much opposition against the maypops though.

Just watched the replay of the stream. Some very encouraging signs.

• Myers looked pumped up, and angry. His clearances were impressive, but more than that, he tackled like a mad man. May not compliment the current midfield, but he may be a better replacement.

• Agree with the comments on Mutch. Just looks like a genuine footballer, knows where to run, makes smart decisions etc. You’d hope to see a bit of him at AFL this year, the sooner he starts playing with Merrett and Parish the better.

• Bellchambers is hard to gauge, as Looney would have dominated this level as well, but it does appear to be the best he’s moved for many years. His tap work is still clunky, but he is a really dangerous up forward and his contested marking is elite. He’ll be in soon.

• I’ve already seen more in Draper than I ever saw in the big Gach. I hope we play the long game here, he has a lot of potential.

• Langford was ok… But I still think he looks like a guy who could pinch hit in the middle, rather than ever being a starter in there. Gets himself into trouble needlessly too often.

• Gleeson, Hocking, Howlett and Mckernan all look too good for this level.

• Stewart is building nicely, and he’ll get his chance soon enough.

This is a very strong VFL side, and you’d be eyeing off the flag this year.

14 Likes

Some additional notes re the above comments;
Redman- played very well in patches, disappeared a bit at other times. Can do special things and his forward pressure was good, but doesn’t always choose good options, and can run to hopeful positions rather than affecting the play.
Ruck craft - I’m looking for two things at stoppages.
Not getting out positioned, so you can influence the contest and avoid giving away McNernanesque free kicks,
and being able to direct your taps. Most spud rucks just tap the ball in the direction they’re jumping - easy to read, anticipate, and tackle. A good ruck, a la Simon Madden & Graham Moss can tap left or right, or even behind, giving the recipient every chance for a quality clearance. This is something I saw Draper manage on at least three occasions from limited opportunities.
Jerret- a solid game some fluffed kicks, some excellent kicks. Out tackled opponents but hard to tell if he’s improved or they were pathetic.

Did comment that live ALL the returning players, even Hocking had slimmed down significantly. Took a couple of glances to recognise them early.

2 Likes

Oh, and LOL at Chris Mayne. What the fark were they thinking?

12 Likes

Provided wonderful entertainment for us Bomber supporters at the game!
Thanks Bucks.

1 Like

I was referring to the chasing type of pressure Walla puts on players, the 1%er, once a player gets clear he is away. That said, Langford coverd enormous ground today.

1 Like

In the play a bit but not polished. He’s got a good footy brain but not quite finishing off the good work he does. Yet.

Someone else asked about Jerrett. He was almost the opposite. Didn’t do a heap but what he did was generally pretty good, kicking long to contests with the big guys, outlet option for the switch etc. Certainly not demanding promotion.

Mutch reminds me a bit of Travis Johnstone (Melbourne/Brisbane). Hunched over running style, scrawny frame and haircut that screams “can I have 50 cents for the V line me missus is in hospital in Geelong”.

7 Likes

As long as he doesn’t call you mate in a nasally voice while rubbing the inside of his elbow.

4 Likes