Round 22: Essendon vs Gold Coast: Changes, Discussion and Match-Ups

LEEEEEEROY
You know it makes sense you tossers, we need someone with half a clue going forward.

well theres your problem

He must have the wrong half...... 

In: Gleeson

Out: Melksham

Make Bellchambers earn a spot and show he wants to play and will give 100%, coaches have mentioned his lack of work rate in aspects of the game.. 

WCE game made me realise how crucial Winderlich is to our delivery, use Daniher/Ambrose and the other forwards to lead their players away from the contest and have licha one out from the square, not many will match him for pace and if they do he's hard to beat one on one. Such a smart player, forces us as a team to deliver the ball smartly instead of the classic torp on top of anyones head.

Goddard needs a week of to get his body and form back up.

And it's time we bring in the #7!!! Have been wearing the jumper all year and have had no love.

Very minimal changes from here on. 2 weeks to finals. Time to settle the side

Actually,  with the improvement of Hepps and Myers we now have a top 4 defence and a top 6 midfield,  Top 6 inside 50s but we have a bottom 6 forward line.  

The following actions are needed for the last few games:

Licha and Chappie permanent forward pockets.  Proven goal kickers crumbing the spoils.

JD and JC Tall forwards  JD permanent FF

Ambrose defensive HFF.

Jobe playing attacking side of midfeld.

Hepp playing defensive side of midfield.

Myers rotating with Jobe.

JD rotating with Paddy Ryder.

The main thing here is that Chappies license to roam the field must be revoked,  to make more scoreboard impact.

One minute hes at full back taking the kick in,  next hes in the FP playing as a rover.  The siren goes and they just about need to carry him off on a stretcher.

All this,  when we need to kick GOALS. 

LEROY for melk thanks

LE-WRONG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

LEROY for melk thanks

few cartons to drink this week West?

LEROY for melk thanks

few cartons to drink this week West?

7 david. Will be a good week

How could the AFL schedule this game at 2.10pm on a Saturday afternoon? 

Surely a more crowd friendly time of 9.30pm on a Sunday or Monday night would have been more in line with AFL/TV policy.

The main thing here is that Chappies license to roam the field must be revoked,  to make more scoreboard impact.
One minute hes at full back taking the kick in,  next hes in the FP playing as a rover.  The siren goes and they just about need to carry him off on a stretcher.

Haha
After those last couple of contests, he didn't even have the energy to celebrate a stirring come from behind victory.
I hear what you're saying, but in today's football, he'll always gutted sucked into the contest.
He is actually very creative in there, with his body strength and clever use of hand and foot skills.
Just need to manage his minutes on the ground.
SUB vest this week !

Ins: NOB, Dell, Bellchambers

Outs: Goddard, Melksham, Ryder

chappy is sub

Haha
After those last couple of contests, he didn't even have the energy to celebrate a stirring come from behind victory.
I hear what you're saying, but in today's football, he'll always gutted sucked into the contest.
He is actually very creative in there, with his body strength and clever use of hand and foot skills.
Just need to manage his minutes on the ground.
SUB vest this week !

Not saying he isnt good,  but just like other players who have to play a role,  he is a proven goal kicker and top small forward and we need him to play a role inside the arc  kicking goals.  Not taking kickins at full back FCS.

I get the impressions Bomber lets him do what he likes on the field.

Won't make finals if we don't field our best side. Why this talk about resting players. How would you feel if we rested our best and lost one or both of our next two games. Don't forget we have to get there first.

Stop nominating NO‘B to come in this week. He has played about half a game in the last five weeks (held back as emergency, bye, currently injured).

Not necessarily.
Adelaide play North and the Saints. Richmond play Saints and Sydney. Adelaide are a chance to win both and Richmond has won in Perth and Adelaide and are on a winning momentum. They could get Sydney especially if they are in resting mode.
If that happens we are not guaranteed with just one win. The scum in the last round is going to be a hard game, considering the form they are in.
Also finishing 8th is not the best outcome when you have to play Port up in Adelaide.

I've run a few combinations on the ladder predictor and barring some spectacular upsets, the most critical non-Essendon result we're after is for North to beat the Crows in Hobart on the weekend. That happens and yes - one win should be enough for 7th. Not that we don't want both wins, because winning form is good form heading into the finals.

Stop nominating NO‘B to come in this week. He has played about half a game in the last five weeks (held back as emergency, bye, currently injured).

well Kommer or Browne then.

By the way, I saw Carlton in person on Friday night, and I don't fear them at all. Geelong were hardly impressive either. Carlton play a very predictable style of play, which I feel we should be able to counter comfortably. Geelong looked as if they were in cruise control for much of the night. Bring our second half from the weekend into the Carlton game, and we'll beat them by 5+ goals.

Suns still a danger game. Need to snuff them out by quarter time, and kill their confidence asap.

In: Carlisle
Out: Melksham (omitted)
B: Baguley Hurley Steinberg
HB: Dempsey Hooker Hibberd
C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Carlisle Chapman
FF: Zerrett Daniher Ambrose
RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking
I: Colyer Myers Howlett SUB:Winderlich

Give Winders a rest but still keep him so he can come on ether in attack or defense.