Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

This.

Win or lose I just hope we unload everything on them and atleast do some damage to them in some way.

7 Likes

Bash them up so thier run at a 2nd flag makes them buggered.

All I ask for is Trent Cotchin leaving the field on a stretcher. Is that really too much?

5 Likes

They aren’t that good.
If we start well & pressure them from the begging we’ll win.
They’re just well drilled. Cats played ■■■■ against them & nearly won.

If Belly, Myers, Zerrett, Hepp, Smith, Walla, Zaka, Parish, McGrath & Irish all believe in themselves & stay confident we’ll take it up to them.

Too much? No, not enough.

And it’s not so much that someone should poleaxe Rance and Chopsticks as well.

They have about 4-5 average players who strut around like they own the joint pushing and shoving constantly, them the have grimes who will be good for a few ducking frees.

6 Likes

Well, at least we get to beat them at full strength… Is this still a blitz thing?

Well pretty good on the double negative positive sandwich with positive negative double side

Apart from handing the Brownlow back to its rightful owner, what Cotchin deserves, is for a player to take their eyes off the ball and elect to bump him early in the Prelim Final, thus putting him out of the game whilst his team lose narrowly.

Hopefully it happens to the same opponent !

6 Likes

Saad super critical. Goddard is ‘coverable’ imho as he is important (and in our best 22 for sure atm) but we have lots of depth that can play that sweeper role. As others have mentioned you could push Francis into that role, or even a guy like Zaka looked alright down there last week.

Raz is devastating and probably one of the biggest ‘nails’ to a fairytale win. However if Saad makes it… then we still have a decent 22 on the park.

Tigers have small forward line, so I think you plan to play Hooker up front right from the first bounce. Bring in Guelfi and maybe Laverde for a medium sized forward option of our own. Possibly push Brown to a wing/lead up forward role and use Hooker as a decoy to drag Rance back to the goal square and then lower the eyes and hit leading targets like Brown/laverde and maybe even try Zaharakis up there?

The key to beating Richmond is to handle the pressure, don’t try to overthink it and keep Rance occupied… can not let him take 10 uncontested marks or they will destroy us.

Even if every single thing goes right for us and we play a blinder… we could still lose. Hoping we get the miracle and it would go down as one of the greatest wins in recent memory for mine. History making stuff.

5 Likes

If we beat the Tigers I’ll back us to win the flag next year. We have shown enough in the second part of the season that we are more than good enough

Richmond are a high scoring team with the best defence.

Essendon leak too many easy goals, we have great attack but poor defence around the ground and allow oppositiontoo score easily.

How to beat Richmond is bringthe manic contested pressure to the ball carrier. Tackle tackle and tackle.

Zone defence as they also love using the corridor.

Our small forwards must bring the pressure this weekend and lock the ball in without allowing easy kick out

Bring Rance up the ground make him accountable, hence why I’d like Brown playing CHF and Hooker FF with both Bags and Tippa in the pockets. Stringer HFF along with Langford other HFF both are good kicks into the 50 and both lower their eyes.

Heppell, Zerrett, McGrath in the midfield with Zaka and Colyer on the wings.

Hurley, Dea, Hartley, McKenna, Saad and McNiece can form backline. Hartley did ok in VFL really need a mature head in backline to assist Hurley in this game. Francis has been ok but will have his time.

Bellcho smith and Myers in the guts both big bodies and need Smith tackling pressure and pace there.

Hardwick will try target Smith in this game

2 Likes

One on one with our players holding position just inside the 50 arch at centre bounces. If they send a spare go with them. Also play one on one at ball ups and boundary throw ins. We can match them in the clearances and make this game a scrap.
Booker to Rance
Brown to take Astbury
Stringer gets a good match up against Richmond
Tippa deep forward beside Booker

Clumsy? :roll_eyes:

It was a perfect tackle. So perfect in fact that Nank crunched Zaka and broke his collarbone without pushing him in the back and giving away a free kick.

I wish to christ we had more blokes that would and could do this to opposition mids.

2 Likes

I’d have Trent Cotchin at Essendon in a heartbeat.

Would never wish a player to be taken off on a stretcher.

And I do hope our side wins in an entertaining contest.

4 Likes

Gaff em. Gaff em all!
Brown a couple.
Choose one player to do the lot so we don’t lose many through suspension.
They can’t beat us with half a team surely!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

THIS.

The only we can possibly win is by beating them into submission. We simply have to be manic and unrelenting in our attack on the ball and the man. Smash them early so their pressure drops away. Sit them on their ■■■■ and make them think about what they’re risking every time they go into a contest and remind them they have nothing to gain.

This is doubtlessly the best time to catch them in the last 2 months.

That said, we probably still wont win.

1 Like

I agree I don’t mind Cotchin.
would rather see Dusty or Rance leave on a stretcher.

That glorious night against Saints when reiwoldt missed after the siren after they launched a comeback!
‘Look at the Bomber fans! Look at the players! The place has gone bananas!’ Says the commentator.

I remember because I backed Bombers at big odds!

Didn’t have no 20 points up payout back then either unfortunately!

2 Likes

We can win this.

It all depends on whether we play as we did against West Coast or as we did against Hawthorn.

It will help if Fantasia, Saad, Hooker and Heppell are all fit. It will be disastrous if any of them are played when less than 100%.

It’s possible for us to win. But not probable. It’s probable that Richmond will monster us from the first bounce and win by 10 goals.

1 Like