Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

Dusty is an OUT too. He’s been picked to play for the All Blacks to replace SBW.

All jokes aside Lambert and Prestia are big outs for them.

And if the recent reports of Cotchin, Jack and Martin out are true then we are a big chance.

I’ve legitimately heard about Cotchin being out but the ones above about Jack and Dusty were jokes. They’ll play.

3 Likes

Cotchin must have heard someone wanted to carry him off on the stretcher, so had a tight hammy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cotchin didn’t play much in the 2nd half last week wouldn’t surprise if they rest him

Saad and Guelfi are fit to play

10 Likes

I know mate, Was just avin a laugh.

1 Like

Lambert, Cotchin and Prestia is a decent loss for them. Leaves a lot of the grunt work to be done by Martin and Caddy. Which in turn impacts their ability to go forward where they are dangerous.

1 Like

Richmond rarely win the clearance differeential, and whether they win them or not, they seem to win a hell of a lot of games.
There is more to their midfield, like ability to win contested ball, which the loss of these players surely will effect.

1 Like

Unfortunately it was not true - although the All Blacks might need a bit more stiff arm. I don’t get any inside information, apart from the 7 different voices chatting away in my head. But to be fair 6 of those voices have selected the bombers.

why would they be resting players against us when they have a bye in 2 weeks time?

Yep. Clearances will be a symptom of losing contest possession. We are one of the best teams in the comp for scoring from clearances so I do see this as a definite advantage for us and if we use the ball well and hold our structure it gives us a chance to hold the ball I50 and deny Richmond what they want most. Lambert is a big loss to their transition game, he’s their hardest working mid and spreads extremely well in defence and offence.

I tbink you may have watched one too many Rocky movies, but good on you for the optimism.

1 Like

Our post Round 10 team is now able to win interstate, able to beat teams above it /in the 8 and is clearly more of a top 6 team than 12th placed team. We can take Richmond, especially if they are now focussing on September and want to treat this game as a routine MCG training drill.

Its all above the shoulders, I sense an opportunity if Richmond are in a different place and are now more interested in winning the first final game rather than worrying about Essendon.

2 Likes

There’s been some whisperings about Rance. Some mail. Across my desk. Rustling. Sussurations. Like, from the Army of the Dead.

Yeh same here. I heard he was joining the French Diving team to prepare for Euro 2020.

3 Likes

Lets be a bit cocky with the Banner

PERCENTAGE %
Hepp 150 Games

A belting wouldnt harm there % much and we need it.

If Cotch, Dusty and Jack were withdrawals the AFL would probably hastily introduce a post Round 21 bye for next year

2 Likes

Yes, it would be great to beat the Tiges. It’s unlikely without Fanta, probably Saad and Hooker. Not to mention all the other best 22 types who will be missing. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed, but…