Round 3: Bring on the Blooos

WE were lucky to beat Carlton both times in 2013. Would like us to win with authority this week.

150 years of horse ■■■■.

I think Thurlow has to play. Warnock may be a big dumb lump of ■■■■■, but he’s a decent tap ruckman, and it’s too much to ask of Daniher to go against him most of the night.

I’m not sure robbing our already under stocked forward line to cover our ruck situation is the best idea.

Yeah, theres essentially no point having him on our list if we’re not going to play him when belly and paddy are both unavailable. Surely he plays

If it was a Mumford or Lobe type I would worry about Daniher getting crunched, don’t mind him going up against Warnock with a chop out from Carlisle and even Myers at boundary throw ins.

Don’t move Hooker away from that backline, only 2 games in but in AA form.

A win against Carlton is a non-negotiable must given we have Freo in Round 4 in the West.A loss to Carlton will undo all the good from the Hawthorn performance and see Essendon a likely 1W 3L after 4rounds and therefore well and truly behind the eight-ball for a top four finish. Early winnable games MUST be won.In Winderlich and MelkshamOut Z Merrett, J MerrettIf Ryder not fit, then could go with Daniher and Carlisle in the ruck, bring in Pears, and play Hurley forward.

If J Merrett is dropped, I will close down my account on Blitz, and never step foot in the place again.
Seriously, watch the replay, his defensive pressure was immense.
A couple of score involvements, and kicked that first last qtr goal on the back of fine roving off the pack.
He won't be dropped !!!

You do realise idiodic posters on blitz have no bearing on team selections

Excuse my ignorance but, if Thurlow is rookie listed how can he play? I thought Ambrose was elevated in place of Browne?

Don't move Hooker away from that backline, only 2 games in but in AA form.

If he keeps that up, we'll end up sending him forward. Probably switch him with Ambrose.

Excuse my ignorance but, if Thurlow is rookie listed how can he play? I thought Ambrose was elevated in place of Browne?

He can be upgraded for Bellchambers, who is listed as a LTI.

fkg nervous

Does that then not mean Belcho can't return until he middle of the year?

Does that then not mean Belcho can't return until he middle of the year?
Nope, he can return in 2 weeks and we can still upgrade/play Thurlow during that time.

Why are people wanting to drop Howlett? I thought he played well last night and the week before

In: Melk, Winders

Out: Howlett, Zerrett. Howlett not having enough impact (usually I'm a big fan). Both he and Zerrett unlucky 

How people can call for Hardingham to be dropped is beyond me. If Paddy goes out, Thurlow in.

they get up for us, especially when theyre ****.

everytime.

Spot on, those scum bags always find another gear when they play us, they could cop15 goal thrashings at the hands of the dogs, norf and skilda and come out and play like grand finalists against us.

I'm particularly wary of them when we are only a few goals up in the last, they always seem to be able to come back ....it's probably drugs. :rolleyes:

We need to be ruthless from the beginning and keep them right out of it. Luckily they have malthouse to help us.

In: Melk, Winders
Out: Howlett, Zerrett. Howlett not having enough impact (usually I'm a big fan). Both he and Zerrett unlucky
How people can call for Hardingham to be dropped is beyond me. If Paddy goes out, Thurlow in.

Agree on Hardy, versatile and kicks goals.

First time in a longtime that I look at this game and expect a win. Not just a win but us to thrash them.
Hard tag on Yarran and Murphy. Put a spare player behind the ball. Out number them at stoppages.

LOL if we are worried about Chris Yarran may ad well wind the whole shebang up.

Worried about next week. If '99 taught us anything, it's that the favourites in Essendon/Carlton games are almost always humiliated by the underdogs.

We SHOULD win easily. But if we do is another question. These games are unpredictable

If thurlow doesn’t play this week what is he doing on the list?

And i am not a hardingham fan, he would not have been in my round one team mainly due his kicking and decision making. But I’m really not sure how anyone can suggest he should be dropped. Round one he was very solid and against the hawks he was easily in our best 10 players. Was our only forward to even touch the ball in the first half.

Hardingham of Winderlich? Ummm easy. Gives us a forward coach to get the structure right too.