Round 9: bring on the bloods and buddy

Darcy Daniher out of retirement?

Franklin and Tippett are due for second week blues. Our backline are a better match for them than the undersized Hawks.
Hooker to Tippett
Hurley to Ryder
Fletcher to Goodes?

Great, we send our best defender to our only ruckman? Franklin will run rampant!

Franklin and Tippett are due for second week blues. Our backline are a better match for them than the undersized Hawks.
Hooker to Tippett
Hurley to Ryder
Fletcher to Goodes?

Is this to help Ryder run to the right spots? Or to teach him to attack the contest.

Bellchambers won't play.... no point including him in the clubs ins for this week.

regardless of his vfl form, at some stage we have to bring him into the side. Carlisle has taken about one mark inside 50 in 6 weeks and joe is lucky to kick one a game

When Bomber was asked in the presser what happened today he said "personnel and performance".

What do you think he means by personnel? I can't see to many that might come in. Myers Tbell and maybe Howlett but that would be it.

Or is he suggesting where our list is at.

We did play young again yesterday. 2 x Merrets, Ambrose, Aylett, Gleason.

I found the personnel comment a little weird. Seeing we have almost everyone available and he picked the side.

Hooker to Tippett
Hurley to Ryder
Fletcher to Goodes?

Is this to help Ryder run to the right spots? Or to teach him to attack the contest.

Fletcher to Ryder is the better fit.

Everyone who thinks Bellchambers is coming in will be disappointed, going by Bombers statements during the week we wont be seeing him until after the bye at earliest.

Bellchambers won't play.... no point including him in the clubs ins for this week.

regardless of his vfl form, at some stage we have to bring him into the side. Carlisle has taken about one mark inside 50 in 6 weeks and joe is lucky to kick one a game
Hasn't he been pulling up very sore from his VFL games, and they're still trying to get him right at the mo? I thought I read or heard this in the past week. Didn't seem like he'd be back before the break.

Hasn't he been pulling up very sore from his VFL games, and they're still trying to get him right at the mo? I thought I read or heard this in the past week. Didn't seem like he'd be back before the break.

I know its unlikely he will come in but jeez, just plonk him in the square. Couldnt do any worse than carlisle

I recon buddy will get a week and not even play

Buddy has killed everyone who we have tried to match him with over the past 7 years.
Yes , he even has a couple of 5 goal hauls against Hooker.
So it will be interesting to see how Hurls goes.
And please don't try to tell me Hurls won't pick him up, because I've been right every single farkin time I've given you guys the match-ups in recent time.
I picked the exact match ups on ANZAC Day.
I told LWM last week that the WB wouldn't play Liam Jones in defence.
And I'm telling you numbskulls that Hurley will take Buddy, Hooker is ideally matched to Tippett, and Fletch can take the next best (whether that be Goodes or Reid).
Unless our midfield intensity improves markedly, and some of our mids find form, and we play with a little more dare, then we won't have a chance next week.
Sydney won't play sh*thouse, but I don't know what we will produce.
I'd love to be positive, but I can't see us putting 120 mins together of the kind of football that beats a Top 4/5 side.
Not at the moment anyway.
It looks like 4 - 5 going into the Bye, and then Dreamtime after the break.

Calm down fk!

As it stands too many passengers in the side through the midfield group for us be it those out of form or young players simply not ready to provide consistent output. We aren’t getting enough inside 50’s nor the quality of entry either. That in itself would be difficult enough for any kpf’s let alone those very much learning their craft.

I am actually worried when we are coming up against a seriously hard working and in form midfield group who just hammered the Hawks.

Not going to pretty on the balance of the last few weeks where we;

• only just did enough against Dogs
  • barely scraped a win against Lions

And where the Swans
  • embarrassed the Lions by 13 goals
  • dominated the Hawks in general play and if it wasn’t poor inaccurate goal kicking would have been much bigger win.

Arguably, Buddy shouldnt even be playing.  Interesting how there's been zero publicity about his high bump on a player bending over the footy.  if the sunday footy shows dont cover i'll start to wonder.........

just watched their segment on bumps et al, no mention...

Send a pound of nose candy to a few of thier players rooms the night before the game...

Arguably, Buddy shouldnt even be playing. Interesting how there's been zero publicity about his high bump on a player bending over the footy. if the sunday footy shows dont cover i'll start to wonder.........

If you are talking about the one on birchall there is nothing in it. It wasn't a bump

Our defense is better than the one the Hawks put out Friday night, Buddy and co wont have the luxury of playing on spuds like Cheney

In: Myers, Howlett, Hardingham
Out: Chapman (susp), Zerrett, Gleeson (both omitted)

i think at least one of zach or marty will play. Bomber has kept faith in the "kids" as a group all year and what little spark we've had in the last month has generally come from them. Gleeson was poor, but i wouldn't be surprised if he gets another run at all.
Made a mistake. That should be Jerrett, not Zerrett.

hope there is changes to our fwd line and our midfield need to step up to help hooker and co, poor hooker got smashed last night and still was great. 

We will win again. Don’t worry peeps. By 1 point

A thing I would like to see in for next week is more of that aggression shown by Carlisle. While the way it was expressed wasn't great but I was thrilled he showed some mongrel and fight. There is no one on this forum that can say he didn't give a **** this week and I feel he is taking small steps forward into working himself in the game, I don't expect him to set the world on fire but it was good to see him fire up at something. Hopefully next week this translates to crashing a pack or two or a really awesome contested mark. I think he can make it just needs more time. And yes I am well aware if how much of a cliche that is. But for the first time this year I actually believe it.
Also I feel like one thing we are missing is shepherding. Watched 5 or 6 minutes of the port game and noted 3 belong laid as they ran the ball out of defense and I can't remember any from our last few weeks I feel like its kinda what we are missing as too many players are looking for that handball or short kick as we flick it around trying to find someone free as apposed to creating a bit of space by giving our players a yard or 3 on their opponent.

I haven't seen Essendon lay a shepherd in years. No exaggeration.

watching the swans game I noticed they handball then rather than looking to get it back they run straight at the defender giving the ball carrier time and space for a clean kick