Rugby Union

It’s actually quite easy to sack someone if they don’t return your calls.

Thanks Skinschairman.

He is probably too busy taking calls from NRL clubs

Actually rumor has it that a French rugby club has offered him a fat contract

I suspect that is closer to the truth.

They could do with the drama…

He would be the least of their problems

Pretty simple decision in the end for RA, of the 8 sins he listed most Rugby fans in this country would tick most, if not all of them.

NRL has also permanently barred him from their competition

Will he qualify for the Tongan National team?

But qantas still fly to Brunei… a country that is still stoning homosexuals. Go figure.

In fairness to Qantas, the good people of Brunei have only just started stoning.

Incorrect.

Those heavily islamic countries have been doing it forever. The only reason Brunei has been in the news, is because they have put it into law.

Unless you were being sarcastic. Then I apologise.

No they don’t.
Qantas only have an Interline agreement with Royal Brunei Airlines.

Apparently he is just repeating the contents of the bible? ( his interpretation )

Galatians 5:19-21 New International Version (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Does this mean that the bible should be banned?

( not that I care about the Judaea/ Christian Bible one way or another, or the Koran for that matter )

LOL This sounds like MAFS “sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery…jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy;”

I’ve no problem with Folau having his say on this. I’m not even sure that it’s actually “hate speech”, given that you could argue that “hell” is a nebulous and nonprovable/ nonexistent reality.

I’ve also no problem with a commercial entity deciding that he isn’t a suitable person to represent them/be paid by them. Given his history, he should have known what the response would be. He made his bed.

Not sure you can support both positions. It’s either, he’s right and they’re wrong or they’re wrong and he’s right.

Sounds like he’s going to fight it. Could get ugly. Funny seeing Tuivasa calling him out. I know a lot of people like Folau that become a lot more devout after they’ve had their fun.

Not at all. He can believe it with little consequence, he can say it with far more consequence but he’s still entitled to a stupid view.

But they’re perfectly entitled to sack him as unsuitable.

Well, to Folau, Hell isn’t nebulous or non-existant at all. To him, its very real and he is publicly condemning these people (thieves, boozers etc) to a very (in his brain) real and bad eternal outcome. The fact that he’s a fundamentalist moron who believes in fairy tales is beside the point. His commentary is hateful because he believes it is real and as such it contravenes RA policies relating to hateful commentary and they are absolutely correct to fark the recidivist off.

So… Rugby Australia has used their Inclusion Policy to exclude Folau.

Sounds legit.